Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Warning

The Warning

A Story by Kriss_Rose
"

This is something I have felt for years and have yet to understand it. Why must I know something bad will happen?

"
    The leaves crunch underfoot as I make my way to the campus library. The wind holds a cold that seeps into my bones so I pull my hoodie up over my head and I stuff my hands in pockets. 
    The moon shines bright casting shadows that appear to be creatures. Autumn has this supernatural feel and always has since I was a child. 
    Today I feel a heaviness. This is not the first time nor the last. It used to scare me having this feeling, this intuition but after having dealt with it for 20 years of my life I have been able to put it in the back of my mind. 
    Some days it is "heavier" than others. 
    On the most heaviest of days things have happened around me. My first heavy day my father was attacked by a creature in the woods. I was 9 when that happened and was watching from the window when I heard the screams. I have never heard such a sound. It was horrific and I felt sheer terror that night.     I am the youngest of 4, the only girl. I was daddy's girl and it tore my heart when it happened. 
    We lived just outside of town in a small white bungalow. On one side we had a wheat field and on the other a long dirt road that lead to an abandoned cabin. on the other aide of the road was the forest. On summer days we would go tracking looking for small animals. For no other reason but to get dirty. It held many great memories until that winter night. 
   My father walked into the forest to call for our dog who ran in and had not returned all day. 
   This happened fairly frequently so there he went. My bedroom window faced the trees so I climb up on my bed and watch him call for Sady, our Springer spaniel. 
    That was the last time I saw my father alive. 
    Earlier that day I had this overwhelming fear of the woods. I felt like there was a monster. I felt scared and pleaded with my father to stay with me. 
    "But I have to go get Sady, silly girl." He ruffled my short blonde hair with his rough hands.
     So that night I watched him and still that feeling was there. He disappeared into the woods calling out Sady's name. I sat still waiting for him to return. The wind picked up and moved the trees back and forth. I felt it before I heard it. His screams echoed within my head for years and have only just recently subsided. 
    This is the feeling I have today and have had for more then a week. It's a warning. From who? and what about? Tonight I do what I normally do the weekend before a major test, i study at my college library. What will happen? 

© 2013 Kriss_Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know what you mean. I have psychic incidents too. It's a family thing for me. I love how you ended it. It's full of suspense. And "from whom"* :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kriss_Rose

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading and reviewing! :)
An extremely suspensful tale of horror .
The background is complete and interesting,
the descriptions and the chilling experiences
mind boggling, chilling and real.
I look forward to more of this writing.
------ Eagle Cruagh

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kriss_Rose

11 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and leaving a review. I hope to continue writing this story.
Eagle Cruagh

11 Years Ago

It`s good stuff and you are a good writer. I was quite taken with an erotic'
story that we.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 24, 2013
Last Updated on March 24, 2013
Tags: supernatural, death, psychic

Author

Kriss_Rose
Kriss_Rose

Barrie, Ontario, Canada



About
I am a stay at home mom of two beautiful children and a wonderful husband. Although they drive me crazy sometimes I wouldn't have it any other way. I have been writing poetry and stories since I coul.. more..

Writing
Desire Desire

A Story by Kriss_Rose


The Barn The Barn

A Story by Kriss_Rose



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tomorrow at Two Tomorrow at Two

A Poem by Muse


DAMNED DAMNED

A Poem by Muse