Lost Mind

Lost Mind

A Story by Kristopher Curran
"

A man describes his thoughts journeying in a Taxi across town.

"
It was an impossible moment. Seated next to the taxi driver, not speaking, I tried to focus.
I had been thinking about Frogs and Lizards and how they see the world. High up in god-like tree's, oblivious to the structure of man. The most magnificently majestic worlds and horizons wasted on their reptilian brains. Placing myself in their point of view, I was baffled. My eyes closed. I was balanced on a thin branch, how was it supporting my weight? I felt vertigo begin. Beneath my scaled face was a variety of Green accompanied by a dirt Brown background. I tried to get back to reality. The driver was staring at me, he looked scared to engage me. As it stood, I was being driven home in a private taxi, cruising over a vast motorway. Hotels were gliding past, a river came and went, there were hundreds of cars that didn't seem to end. I began to focus on evolution, this too was impossible. I knew my being came from the depths of space somewhere like everyone else. My mind was going numb, I could genuinely not focus on anything. This had never happened before. My boss would not approve of this. I was smarter than him but, he had the power, he had the controls to the city. There were things I had to do with my life, big things, things involving peoples lives and well being. The reptilian point of view returned to me, I could see a bright Blue horizon being torn apart by the fumes from a Volcano. I was an important man with important ideas. I could not think or concentrate on anything, I wasn't panicked though. A morose calmness had overcome my mind. It was lost, my mind was lost. Gone. At this moment in time and space, I could care for nothing. Usually the cosmos, life and it's briefness would be my comfort, reel my mind in from it's dark wanderings. The taxi driver spoke, "Is it okay to drop you of on this next street? You don't look too good and I can't reverse if I go any further.", I told him it was OKAY.
Whatever I paid him with was enough as he slammed the door shut and blasted off back to the freeway.
As I got out of the taxi I was greeted by a milky Pink horizon and a half crescent moon. Reality was determined to take me back and I was willing.
That was good news for my clients, they need me. I'm the one who thinks outside the box. I'm the one who thinks.

© 2015 Kristopher Curran


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
Added on June 22, 2013
Last Updated on July 6, 2015
Tags: Trippy, Introverted