ride on a fallen trophy

ride on a fallen trophy

A Poem by poddar kushal
"

what i saw at the time of a storm

"

Ride on a fallen trophy(what I saw at the time of a storm)

The storm enters in the roads of mankind

Just then. Just then I see the horse.

The pale rider.  The rider is in odd

With the sinewy grace it yields.

A fallen beauty from trophy-room past.

Storm takes a stroll down the city.

Lanes and lame lives are rolling into one,

Just a rider with dirt in hair

A naked upper part with clotted earth.

The horse closes its eye to storm.

It blurs details of belly and hunger.

A blur is the scene of the horse

Galloping to take its rider beyond

Petty days of a mundane life.

 

 

© 2008 poddar kushal


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Again, your writing leaves me to ponder. At first I envisioned someone mentally trapped in the storm of the world, of life.... who at some point mentally rises above (hops on his horse) and rides off into something better.

Now I'm re-reading and rethinking that... :)

I love your work. It stimulates the mind.

Excellent!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

the pale horse, the four riders of the apocolypse, the ending of the world as we perceive it,.. all these images came to me as i read this. i know the inspiration for this was a natural storm, but what about an internal one.?: i have ridden this horse, the tarnished trophy horse, and she has indeed taken me to a place beyond the petty days. and we don't even have time and space for me to address a more universal application. this poem reminds me of a scrambled rubik's cube...given enough time and pondering, the colors come together. love it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Spectacular! I loved this view of a storm....very visual. A lovely ending....quite unlike the rest of the poem which almost seemed at unrest. The ending yields in some serenity, and the storm is survived. Excellent piece!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow!
now hold on a sec.... this is one of the best poems i've read in a while!
it might not be exactly my style, but damn its good!
i read it 9 times!

i love it!

the idea of fate, life running out, and sacrifices! i might have got this wrong you know, but there r a thousand explanations running around in my head!

bottom line: I LOVE IT!


Posted 16 Years Ago


Time to change lanes
The fallen is not finished
With the long journey
It is a elegant ride
Just enough imagery
To cause my mind
To create the story


Posted 16 Years Ago


Again, your writing leaves me to ponder. At first I envisioned someone mentally trapped in the storm of the world, of life.... who at some point mentally rises above (hops on his horse) and rides off into something better.

Now I'm re-reading and rethinking that... :)

I love your work. It stimulates the mind.

Excellent!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Just like a heavy storm can transform the landscape into a blur of it's past beauty, both the rider and the horse are absorbed by the surrounding storm, becoming a blur themselves, losing their past glory and beauty.
Great holistic picture!


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great imagery in this piece, you are getting better with every write. nicely done. keep it up.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

you have a wonderful talent for using just enough words, not over-weighing the image.

A great painting.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2008

Author

poddar kushal
poddar kushal

kolkata, India, India



About
life and trying to earn bread made me an advocate. mad at my own stressful self, turned to writing. poems mainly. but, there are several short stories published in my mother toungue 'bengali'.i live i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..