Underwater

Underwater

A Story by Jessica R.

Perfect silence. Complete, pure, and wholesome silence. The kind of silence that could permanently damage one's sense of hearing. There are some people that would beg for this type of silence. They would give anything to live a day in perfect isolation, in a secluded location, in a place where time stood still and sounds were not heard or made.

Then, of course, there are those that are seemingly forced into this predicament whether they like it or not.

She stood at the edge of the riverbank in complete silence, thinking, pondering, considering her options. She stared down at the body of water beneath her, examining her reflection in the delicate liquid that was endlessly tranquil and peaceful. It was so calm, so relaxing, so extremely perfect in that moment. Beauty was being showcased at its best.

Then came a disturbance that caused the sheet of glass to shatter. A warm liquid tear fell from her eye and broke the barrier of the sheet, causing ripples to form around the droplet. The tear melded with the water, creating a movement that mingled with perfection only to make it pure to a fantastic degree. How amazing it must be, she thought, to be able to become one with such a flawless creation, to be able to have all your worries, cares, and disappointments fade while thrusting your happiness into another world. How absolutely amazing it must be.

...to have all your worries, cares, and disappointments fade...

She continued to get lost in the water, completely hypnotized by the ripples that continued to wander the surface with endless time to spare. Secretly, she envied the droplet that fell from her eye. She envied how it was able to mix and naturally blend in with the water beneath her feet in the river. She envied how gracefully it landed as it created silent, but golden commotion. She envied how it had a lasting effect, how it changed the earth if only by making a temporary indention in a river. Temporary indentions, causes, lead to ripples, effects, and she had never in her life witnessed such a perfect cause/effect scenario such as this. It was simply magical.

She envied it. She wanted to be it.

She wanted to risk it. She wanted so badly to experience, if only for once, the magic of having such an effect on the earth; one that made a worthwhile impression. She wanted to feel noticed, appreciated, cherished. She wanted to be perfect.

And with a single leap, she was made perfect. She became one with beauty, tranquility, and perfection in every sense.

She was eagerly awaiting the Light to come and take her hand to guide her to the Other Side. She was being cleansed of her bad memories, experiences, and thoughts. She was in a state of renewity.

You and I are here, underwater
Seconds are so dear, underwater
I'm searching for a light to draw me closer
I hold my breath in tight, bring me closer

I feel your touch. Will you pull me up again?

Her feelings would surely not be considered normal. Certainly not. Any other individual would be crying out for help, begging to be saved from the Light. But no, she was neither scared nor afraid. She had dreamed of the Light and the day she could meet with It. She begged and pleaded for that day to come as soon as possible. It could not have occurred soon enough for her. She was waiting to be united with the Light she had dreamed about so often, day and night.

It's not so bad down here, underwater
Once you get past the fear, underwater
I sense you through the haze, just like a memory
I've been down here for days. Have you seen me?

I feel your touch. Will you pull me up again?

She became paralyzed. No words could be uttered as her lips were bound together, never to move again. But this didn't phase her, for she rarely spoke words, and if she did, they were ignored and cast away. But she could hear everything through the muffled sheet of glass. The blaring, ear-shattering silence deafened her. She was on the familiar boundary dividing sanity and insanity, right and wrong, security and danger, life and...

It's all the same to me, underwater
There's nothing much to see, underwater
I cannot make a sound, but I can listen
I can't tell up from down, and now I miss them.

I feel your touch. Will you pull me up again?
You're just in sight. Will you save my life again?

It's all wrong, it's all wrong.

She could be judged. Her actions could be judged as insane, corrupt, and absolutely wrong.

But, to her, being wrong never felt so right...

You and I are here
Underwater.

© 2009 Jessica R.


Author's Note

Jessica R.
Basically, I marked this as being psychological because it's about a girl wanting to die. Constructive criticism, por favor?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was so nice my friend,calm and quiet so many emotions would mix together in her mind..
I have always wanted to see the light,to take all my worries into that strange exciting world on the
other side,I want to blend with you river water,take me,surround me,want to see the light
I am never afraid,I always loved to be here,this was the place I dreamed of all time..
Are you here down there with me,i searched for the light ,would you be with me
Hold me closer,feel your touch,can you feel me..
I cant see nothing think nothing,words just wont come out,but I feel so light ,so easy
Its not bad here under water,I have no fears..been here for days ,have you seen me
Its all the same here,so i am never confused,nothing to see,nothing to hear
cant make a sound but I listen,cant tell up from down and I miss them
Feel your touch will you pull me..You are just in sight ,could you save my life
That was a wonderful dreamy write,i could feel all the emotions,sad to others..but not for me
lovely write..

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love it. I can't see anything that I could help improve, so I'll just leave the comment at that.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was so nice my friend,calm and quiet so many emotions would mix together in her mind..
I have always wanted to see the light,to take all my worries into that strange exciting world on the
other side,I want to blend with you river water,take me,surround me,want to see the light
I am never afraid,I always loved to be here,this was the place I dreamed of all time..
Are you here down there with me,i searched for the light ,would you be with me
Hold me closer,feel your touch,can you feel me..
I cant see nothing think nothing,words just wont come out,but I feel so light ,so easy
Its not bad here under water,I have no fears..been here for days ,have you seen me
Its all the same here,so i am never confused,nothing to see,nothing to hear
cant make a sound but I listen,cant tell up from down and I miss them
Feel your touch will you pull me..You are just in sight ,could you save my life
That was a wonderful dreamy write,i could feel all the emotions,sad to others..but not for me
lovely write..

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 7, 2009

Author

Jessica R.
Jessica R.

Anderson, SC



About
I am fifteen years of age and hope to become a published writer in the future. more..

Writing
Alaska Alaska

A Poem by Jessica R.