0: Prologue

0: Prologue

A Chapter by Kyd
"

Examples.

"

The doorway toward most absurd occurrences in life open under the prospects of time and the likelihood to outlast it.


For example; As Elliot leaned in exhaustion against the grungy stone wall, his legs oblique and slowly decreasing closer to 90 degrees, he absorbed the final chill he’d think he’d ever had the chance of embracing. His senses were never as fatally sharp as they were now. The moisture glistening out of the pores of his hands as he tightly wrenched the grip of his handgun stung his skin like cold water. He could feel the pressure on his skull and his heart from the near-climax amount of magic flowing around his body.

With a little body movement, so small and delicate, he looked at his watch and then closed his eyes.


He placed the muzzle on his temple.


He pulled the trigger, and fell.


The origins and cause of the incident were just as simple as many other mass phenomena. Time had caught up to him, and Elliot responded accordingly, albeit, unsuccessfully- well, that’s a bit later on.


But this is just one example; to elaborate, it was only a matter of time before Case Zero showed up. It was only a matter of time before the first human found their mirror in the Ethereal. It was only a matter of time before the council was defeated.


Fortunately, that last thing doesn’t happen until later, when you may actually know what it is.


But for the first two…



© 2010 Kyd


Author's Note

Kyd
Prologue of a thing I'll hope to get through. Love some sort of response, good or bad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on December 16, 2010
Last Updated on December 16, 2010
Tags: The, Ether, prologue


Author

Kyd
Kyd

TX



About
Uh. more..

Writing
The Ether The Ether

A Book by Kyd