My lessons

My lessons

A Poem by Kathryn Ann

There are risks that have to be taken in the pursuit to find happiness.
There are chances that have to be forgotten in order to do what you feel.
There are things you must remember and things your better off forgetting, to assure your feelings.
There is the right, and the wrong. But sometimes doing whats wrong can make you feel oh so right.
There is the past and there is the future, but living for the now is proven to provide much more in the long run.
There are the things you regret, and the things that you cherish. Seperate them and move on.
There are the sorry few, and the fake. Forgive them both but do not fully trust again.
There are the ruined first chances, and the select picking of handing out second ones.
There are the people that hurt you, and the people that keep you living. Then the people that do both. Keep them all in mind.
There are the things that pushed you down, and the things that lifted you up. Remember what caused both of them.
There are the mistakes other people have made, and the ones you must make yourself to fully realize.
There are the lessons learned, and the lessons yet to come. Don't forget and be ready to learn;

 

© 2009 Kathryn Ann


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
Added on November 10, 2009

Author

Kathryn Ann
Kathryn Ann

About
I write when i need to express myself. I have a fear of people i know seeing my work. This is the only place i can seem to do it. Help me get better and i will appreciate it forever more..

Writing
Hate Hate

A Poem by Kathryn Ann