Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Why Don't You Get It?

Why Don't You Get It?

A Poem by Jan

Life takes its turns, whether good or bad

 

Brings me up on top of the world but, knocks me down with one push

 

Behind this mask of happiness and brightness is a face that holds pain and sorrow

 

You talk me down, call me names, disrespect me…

When I need you to be there for me, you’re sometimes there

You believe I trust you, love you, and listen but, should I?

You don’t trust me, you say you love me but, do you mean it?

Why should I listen to you when you block me out and ignore me?

I just call for someone who knows how I feel to explain to the world who I am because I can’t do it

I try but, no one understands me!!!

I scream, cry, do everything!

 

You just shrug me off like 'Whatever' or nod like you get it

But, you still don’t understand…

© 2013 Jan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You know what, I don't know. I have no idea what you have been through or how you handled it or what you had to do. I don't think I could even begin to start to get what has happened to you. That is because it happened to you. Not me. Just like everything that has happened to me, you couldn't understand because it happened to me. Not you. I can try my hardest Jan, to help you through whatever your life has thrown at you. Society hasn't confined you. If you can put on a brave, happy, strong face at school. Then you have gotten a lot farther that other people have. You have friends, Great friends that really do love you and want to help you. I just want to tell you now, that it gets better. you are going to have an amazing life past them. don't let what people say define you. It is going to be hard but just think about all the people you are going to meet that will love you. All of your future friends and the people who will change your life for the better. LOVE LIFE! The world may knock you down but right after they do. You need to get back up and yell "COME AT ME BRO" You will cry and scream and yell but you know what? You are also going to laugh and giggle and laugh so hard that you cant breath. I LOVE YOU JAN AND I WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR GIRAFFE!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jan

11 Years Ago

I cried a bit reading this, I admit, and okay. I'll do my best.
I LOVE YOU MEGAN AND I WILL AL.. read more
Megan B.

11 Years Ago

I admit I cried a bit writing it. I do my best speeches on the internet, so the next time you need a.. read more
Jan

11 Years Ago

Lolx okay!
Does anyone ever truly get what someone else is going through? No, because they aren't you and they never will be. They don't think like you, they don't see things how you see them. What may appear normal to you may look like too much for someone or too little for someone. Nobody is the same and although society tries to force us into conformity, human nature won't let it happen.
Good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jan

11 Years Ago

Thanks and true

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 2, 2013
Last Updated on March 2, 2013

Author

Jan
Jan

Dream Land, Juniperlederp, CA



About
We all have our own stories, Our own thoughts and beliefs, Our own dreams... Some of us are outgoing and can conquer the world, Others are shy and keep quiet to themselves away, Then there's th.. more..

Writing
I had a nightmare I had a nightmare

A Story by Jan