Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by L3C

~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The sun just starts to come out from behind the clouds as Song Joong Ki steps out of the hardware shop. He looks up to the blinding light and reaches for the sunglasses in his back pocket. 
"Oppa!" he hears the high voice call out from across the street. 
He doesn't turn towards the sound but instead starts to walk in the other direction, placing his glasses on as he goes. 
"Oppa, wait!" the voice shouts over the sound of the traffic and business of the town. "Song Joong Ki!" 
Still, he continues on his way down the street, nodding occassionally to the people he knows. They smirk and nod back as the shouting for his attention goes on behind him. He can feel their sympathy. 
Suddenly, he hears a shout and the sound of a screaching car accompanied by a blaring horn. Onlookers on the sides of the street gasp with the commotion. "Oppa!!!" the voice suddenly takes on a chillingly higher octave, almost forcing Joong Ki to turn and gape with the the rest of the crowd. He pulls off his glasses for a better look at whatever scene he may face. 
People call out in annoyance as Kim Ji Won skips through the traffic of the streets, just avoiding being hit by an oncoming car in order to get Joong Ki's attention. Joong Ki sighs and stands firm as the girl comes towards him. 
"Oppa, i was calling to you! Couldn't you hear me?" she asks with heavy breathing. 
The cars that had stopped in order for her to cross the street start on their way again, glaring at Joong Ki as they pass. He nods in their direction, hoping that they will understand. 
"No, i didnt hear you call," Joong Ki replies without looking back to Ji Won. He turns and continues down the street. 
"You have poor hearing," Ji Won comments, oblivious, "Maybe you should go to a doctor and have that looked at. I know a few doctors, i could call them if you want. Since they know me, they'll probably give you a discount; especially if i come with you! Come!" She grabs ahold of Joong Ki's arm, forcing him to stop and look down at her, "Let's go now! I can get you in quickly!"
"I don't need a doctor." Joong Ki states as he pulls his arm free and walks on. 
It only takes Ji Won a second to catch up again and walk by his side, again taking his arm in hers. Joong Ki rolls his eyes but doesnt see the point in trying to fight her off. 
"Where are you going?" She asks. 
"Pharmacy."
"Why? Are you sick?" Ji Won's eyes open wide and she tugs on his arm again, "Please come to the hospital with me. They can fix you up! You'll be perfect!"
Joong Ki sighs, "Are you saying i'm not perfect now?" he asks with an accusing tone. 
"Well, no, oppa! That's not what i meant! I mean...they'll make you even more perfect! If my Joong Ki is perfect even when he's ill then just think about how even more perfect he'd be when he's better!"
Joong Ki shakes his head and places his hands in his pockets as he goes on. "I'm not sick," he says flatly.
"Oh." Ji Won thinks for a moment and then asks in a more casual tone, "Then why do you need to go to the pharmacy?"
"In Gi needs me to pick something up for him." 
"Old man Jeong In Gi? Is he sick?"
"He's not 'old man' he's a sunbae and should be treated with respect. He's fashioned some of the most popular furniture pieces Korea has ever seen. He's made furniture for celebrities!" Joong Ki exclaims as he pulls his arm free from her once again. 
"Which celebrities? ...Angelina Jolie?!" Ji Won smiles brightly. 
"No."
"Then it doesnt really matter. Why do you do errands for him anyways? Don't you work at the shipping factory?" Ji Won looks to Joong Ki's arm muscles, wishing she could better see them if he would take off the jacket he was wearing. 
"Yes, i work at the shipping factory but i'm acting as his apprentice at the shop."
"Why would you want to do that? It's all musty and dusty. Such a dirty job. You don't belong in places like that, you belong in fine suit jackets, driving a sports car with me in the passanger seat through the streets of Seoul."
"No, that's where you belong. I want to be here, working as a carpenter."
Ji Won scoffs just as Joong Ki goes to turn into the pharmacy general store. He pauses to turn to Ji Won, who looks up to him with her big eyes and confident smile. "Why don't you go do some other shopping while i run in here?" he asks her, "What i have to get for In Gi is kind of personal."
"Okay, oppa, i'll leave first then!" Ji Won winks and then turns fast enough to cause her skirt to swish as she heads down the street, no doubt in search of some good gossip. 

Joong Ki watches as she leaves. The girl certainly was pretty with all the right features and such, not to mention born into a richer family with her father running for mayor. She had long wavy brown hair and big brown eyes, a slender figure, and a slight S line. She could get any guy she wanted, and she had, until she met Song Joong Ki. She'd set her eyes on him the moment he came to town in early January. However, the fact that he wasn't at all interested in her just kept her stuck to his side even more. 

Joong Ki shakes his head and rolls his eyes as he makes his way into the pharmacy. The store isn't too crowded, but one girl stands at the counter fishing through her pockets in search of change. She piles coins onto the counter and then starts to count them out. She wears a simple black hoodie and dark shorts and sneakers. Even her hair seems more black than the dead of night, as it swoops just to the tops of her shoulders. She counts and then shakes her head and starts over. Joong Ki chuckles to himself as he stands behind her. 
"Song Joong Ki, good to see you!" The cashier calls over the busy girl in front of him. "You here for Jeong In Gi's pickup?"
"That's right." Joong Ki smiles. 
"I've got it ready for you, i'll go grab it." 
Joong Ki nods as the man dissappears in the back room. 
"Shoot." He hears the girl in front of him mumble. "Are things more expensive here?" she whispers to herself as she gathers her change up. 
He looks at the stuff on the counter that she had tried to purchase. Shampoo, a soap bar, toothbrush and toothpaste, bandaides, ointment, various snacks, water bottles. 
She stands for a moment and looks at all that she wanted before quickly turning around to leave, running into Joong Ki's chest in her haste. Her nose bumps into the crevice in his chest causing him to grunts with her impact as he places both of his hands on her shoulders to keep her back. 
The girl gasps and looks up to meet his gaze with her own wide, frightened eyes. Her mouth drops open and her body feels stiff as she looks to him. For a second, they stare at each other, looking into each other's eyes in silence. Without a word, the girl pulls herself out from Joong Ki's grasp and then shrugs around him and quickly exits through the door while placing her sunglasses on. Joong Ki turns and watches her just as she dissappears in the street. 
The cashier returns then and stops at the sight of the girl gone. 
"Now where did she get off to?" he asks with annoyance, "Little thing didn't steal anything did she?"
"Oh uh, no i don't think so." Joong Ki replies as he looks at the stuff on the counter. 
"Good thing too. I knew the child wouldn't have enough money to buy all of this stuff anyways. Well, no matter. Here's Jeong In Gi's perscription." the man hands Joong Ki a brown paper bag and he signs his name for In Gi. The two thank each other and say their goodbyes. 

Once out in the open again, Joong Ki searches the crowd for the girl, but he can't seem to find her. He looks around and then shrugs as he makes his way back towards the outskirts of town, to where Jeong In Gi waits for his medication at his carpenter's shop. 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 



© 2013 L3C


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on May 26, 2013
Last Updated on May 27, 2013


Author

L3C
L3C

About
Looking for feedback on my writing ^__^ more..

Writing
Foreword Foreword

A Chapter by L3C


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by L3C


Afterglow Afterglow

A Book by L3C