Ohio Smith Part: 5

Ohio Smith Part: 5

A Chapter by Brandon Langley
"

Ohio Smith and King Dutagan's Crown

"
Ohio was proud of himself, two artifacts in 6 hours, and he was going for his third right now, which would make it three artifacts in one day, a personal record, but this seemed more complicated than anything he had done before. The next artifact on his list was the crown of King Dutagan, who, as it turns out, is a dolphin. King Dutagan is a king of dolphins. Let me get this straight with you. HE. IS. A. DOLPHIN. And he leads dolphins. With his crown. This sprouts some questions about: A) Why does a dolphin need a crown? B) Where did this dolphin acquire this crown? C) How does this dolphin wear said crown? And finally, as I'm sure we all have been asking since we learned of the first artifact: D) Why does Verwaltung want any of this sh*t? But, as you can assume, most of these questions will either not be answered or be answered over the next few paragraphs...
Decked in a full scuba suit, Ohio dropped from the row boat, and even as he splashed into the water, he could hear the high pitched speech of the dolphins. He thought back to the list, which had been torn in half, and left the majority of the letters in 'King Dutagan's Crown up for interpretation. King Dutagan was the king of a highly advanced social group of dolphins for nearly a hundred years, which is almost twice the oldest known dolphin, and four times as old as the majority of said dolphins.
As Ohio continued to descend, he saw a very large bubble, well... half bubble at the bottom of the sea bed that looked very much like an underwater city. That was his target.

As Ohio approached the bubble, he felt himself accelerating at an alarming rate, eventually trying to swim upwards to slow himself down as he fell through. "AAAAH!" he screamed, muffled by the scuba mask, as he fell through the bubble's outer rim, into the oxygen-rich atmosphere below- CRASH, onto the roof of a building, unharmed. He ripped his scuba mask off and reached to his back, for his 

L42 Enfield, which was surprisingly unharmed. He ran to the edge of the rooftop and looked through the scope, still standing, watching the streets below, "Damn, he should be here by n-Helloooo-Oh s**t!"  He watched a car drive along the road, a dolphin in a suit sitting in the back, turn a corner. He ran to the left edge of the rooftop and jumped to the next, the crowd that was surrounding the car gasped in awe. Ohio ran and jumped to the next, stumbling only once. He stopped, rapidly looking down the scope again, aiming for the dolphin wearing the suit and crown and- BANG. Shooting him dead. He threw the Enfield to the ground below, looking to the right to see a helicopter chase after him with machine guns and dolphins in suits with wires coming from their ears, then turning to the right and sprinting off, towards the next rooftop, then the next, and the next, running to the edge of that, then stopping abruptly at the edge, seeing that the next building was close to g Ohio awoke to a bucket of water being thrown in his face, in a dark room tied to a chair. A dolphin in a suit stood in front of him, throwing the bucket of water at his face, "F**k you." Ohio concentrated really hard on where the dolphin was standing, and as a result, a glowing diamond soon appeared in his place. Then, Ohio concentrated on where he was seated, and a glowing diamond teleported him 12 feet above the ground, in the street where he had killed Dutagan, just moments after the helicopter had appeared. The chair crashed and, picking himself up, he ran towards Dutagan's car, where his crown still lay, leaping first onto the back bumper, when a dolphin in a pink dress tried to shove him off from inside the convertible, but he shoved her off, climbing atop the trunk, and reaching for the crown. Just as the crown touched his fingers-BANG.



© 2013 Brandon Langley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
Added on August 21, 2013
Last Updated on September 6, 2013
Tags: Missouri, Rodriguez, Ohio, Smith, Dolphin, Hippie, Trash, Recycling, Recycle, Dictator


Author

Brandon Langley
Brandon Langley

Virginia Beach, VA



About
I hat my life. more..

Writing
H+ H+

A Story by Brandon Langley