Why Rich People Are Bad

Why Rich People Are Bad

A Chapter by Brandon Langley

Rich people: some people say they help destroy the economy; while those who do not understand rich people say that they help the economy. I side with the former. Why, you may ask, do I believe that rich people are bad for the economy? They buy expensive things, stimulating the economy. Alas, that is the very reason why they hurt the economy. When a rich person, maybe the CEO of a large corporation, buys something expensive, the majority of their money seems to go into the workers pockets, but it does not. In fact, most workers, many at or just above minimum wage, see a fraction of a cent of what that rich person just bought. How? Well, that money goes through several Money Filters, such as shareholders, managers, owners, accountants, etc. before the hard-working, average American who may have helped that rich person at whatever store they were at, sees anything of that dollar. But, you may say, with the amount of purchases that are made, that average American will see his money. Yes, but he makes a fraction of what those rich people do. This can currently be seen at fast-food restaurants and other minimum-wage establishments, where, due to the, for lack of a better word, cheapness of the rich people at the top of the food chain that is capitalism. Recently, for example, Papa John, owner of the Papa Johns franchise of pizzerias, refused to charge any amount more for any item in his stores to support his employees. This is happening throughout the country, no doubt the civilized world; the rich are cheating the poor out of their deserved wages. This brings me to the problem of the be all and end all of economic debates, Trickle-Down Economics, Reaganomics, supporting the top 0.2%, whatever you wish to call it, it is a scam, a lie, and a betrayal of the American people. Trickle-Down is the practice of lowering taxes on the rich, with hopes that the income will slowly Trickle Down to the bottom. This theory has not worked and, since its implementation, has not shown any signs of stabilizing the economy at all, in fact, at one of its lowest points ever, in 1992, there was a grand plummet in the American GDP, granted, this happens every few years, no matter the taxation of the rich. Why, you may ask, does the taxation on the rich not affect the income of the Middle Class and poor? Well, it is because the workers are not being paid adequately for their contribution, because their wages have stayed the same, at rock-bottom, at minimum wage, which has already been proven dozens of times to be an unlivable wage. Over the past fifty years, no matter the change in the richs taxes, the poor are going to stay poor because the rich are too thrifty to give up any of their precious billions for Americans and Americas wellbeing. And that is why rich people are bad.


© 2013 Brandon Langley


Author's Note

Brandon Langley
"Excellent..."
-Mr. Montgomery Burns

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
Added on October 29, 2013
Last Updated on October 29, 2013
Tags: Politics, Essays, Rich, Trickle-Down


Author

Brandon Langley
Brandon Langley

Virginia Beach, VA



About
I hat my life. more..

Writing
H+ H+

A Story by Brandon Langley