Guns' Prohibition

Guns' Prohibition

A Chapter by Brandon Langley

Gun Culture in America is ridiculous. Over 43% of Americans admit to having guns in the home, and that is only including those who do admit, as many Americans, despite having guns, refuse to admit so. In light of the many gun-related terrorist incidents in recent times, many arguments have begun about whether the 2nd amendment is morally right. I find this to be the farthest right I ever get on an issue; I believe that guns are dangerous in the hand of Americans, but that by limiting the ability for people to acquire guns, we make it easier for criminals and those who may cause harm with guns to acquire them. By limiting the accessibility to anything, we are creating a greater criminal enterprise for it, guns in particular. When guns are sold to anyone, there is a very large chance that they will end up in the hands of a criminal, most likely by illegal means, née a black market. If we really want to limit gun violence, we should not have gun control, as Chris Rock suggests, we should have bullet control. If you increased the price of bullets, you could keep criminals from affording bullets, and criminals would think before they fire a weapon, to quote Chris Rock, "You don’t need no gun control, you know what you need? We need some bullet control. Man, we need to control the bullets, that's right. I think all bullets should cost five thousand dollars… five thousand dollars per bullet… You know why? Cause if a bullet cost five thousand dollars there would be no more innocent bystanders. Yeah! Every time somebody gets shot we'd say, ‘He must have done something ... he's got fifty thousand dollars' worth of bullets in him.’And people would think before they killed somebody if a bullet cost five thousand dollars. ‘'Man I would blow your head off… if I could afford it. I'm gonna get me another job, I’m going to start saving some money, and you're a dead man. You'd better hope I can't get no bullets on layaway. '" Chris Rock is right, if bullets cost $5,000, criminals would not be so reckless with their weapons. A simple price change on ammunition goes a long way, similar to gas. If you add 5 cents to the price of gas, people will be up in arms, and if you add 5 cents to the price of bullets, people's arms will be in their drawers, and they will have their pitchforks out, ready to yell at a politician.


© 2013 Brandon Langley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
Added on October 29, 2013
Last Updated on October 29, 2013
Tags: Essays, Politics, Left, Guns, Prohibition


Author

Brandon Langley
Brandon Langley

Virginia Beach, VA



About
I hat my life. more..

Writing
H+ H+

A Story by Brandon Langley