Ignorance is Bliss

Ignorance is Bliss

A Poem by LeDiisco
"

I find happiness is not knowing things. It's not that I don't care, but I find there is no use in worrying things about you don't have the power to change, so might as well not think of them.

"

Ignorance is Bliss


Happiness in ignorance.

Cause ignorance is bliss.

It's funny how content I am

With all the info that I miss. 


I live life in a vacuum.

Never letting news get in,

Once I start to think of life

Bad thoughts start to begin. 


I'd rather not know whats going on.

I prefer to keep to myself. 

It's not that I don't care.

But it does't effect my health. 


Whats the point in getting angry.

No need to be upset,

Lifes not meant to live unhappy

Cause of things thats have no threat. 


Millions are worrying everyday

About problems that aren't theres. 

Just live life with a drop of antichrist 

Cause honestly, Who really cares?


I'd rather think of rainbows and butterflies 

Then sickness wars and death. 

Theres a million things to think about 

Then to think of your last breath. 


I think about a happy life,

Where horrors don't exist. 

Life is what you make of it,

Even if fogged out by the mist. 


So turn the news on tv off,

Put the news paper down. 

Stop listening to gossip going around.

No more reasons to frown. 



© 2012 LeDiisco


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hehehe, this reminds me of what my boyfriend told me when I said, "All I've ever wanted was to be happy," he looked at me and with all seriousness said, "Happiness is not something you get, but rather a state of mind!" He was right after all, you can't be happy if you're not! Your poem expressed this wonderfully and with a pleasant fluidity that made me smile. Especially the line about turning off the news, such depressing crap will kill you heart and soul! I hope you never stray from your bliss and there remain at peace all the rest of your days! Excellent write. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I agree. I like how this is written, with an air of beauty in simplicity.

Posted 11 Years Ago


very nice :) 100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago



This poem leaves me so confused!!! On one hand, I completely disagree. If we don't know we can't work a change, and change for the better is always good. On the other hand, I hate to watch the news when its so sad and there generally is nothing we can do. So i guess i agree with it more than i disagree. I'm not quite sure. Either way, its so beautifully written, so I love the Poem. Thanks for sharing!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I know these feelings. And i share them about our world.

Posted 11 Years Ago


i love this

Posted 11 Years Ago


i think i need to do that lol nice work what i need to see

Posted 11 Years Ago


yeah, life is so like this. an excellent write!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love how you have written this, though completely disagree, the world is a dreadful place and change starts with me. I can't turn a blind eye, too many already do, I want a world with eyes wide open and it start with me and you. I want us to look straight into the eye of all the things in life that are betting on our demise. With heads held high and our backs straight and strong stand hand in hand and arm in arm. Taking one step at time and making a difference with each rhyme, until we reach a place of peace in the same land but different times.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I agree! Thank you for making this one really count. I feel the same way. When I watch the news I feel like almost giving up.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This appears as a pertinent formula to live on earth where gossip,yellow journalism,crazy artificial models,horrors,pornography,frauds and numerous other rubbish impact our normal life.
You have mentioned of TV and newspaper.You could also add internet which often becomes the most unwanted disturbing agent.
I adore your personal belief to escape from the unwanted disturbance and panic through ignoring strategy.
I will however,expect that people should be allowed to live in peace without any panic.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1307 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 27, 2012
Last Updated on June 27, 2012

Author

LeDiisco
LeDiisco

NY



About
Hey. My name is C. Lee. Im 26 and im not much of a writer.... but I love to write, so I do. I try to stick to things I have gone through, but sometimes I just write about things that I hear about. more..

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Poem by LeDiisco



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


SEX SEX

A Poem by The Nude Writer


A walk A walk

A Poem by MichelleClay


The Last Waltz The Last Waltz

A Poem by Muse