Sunsets

Sunsets

A Story by Arabella Schlitz

We have watched the sun set yesterday. You're the first person that I have ever watched the sunset with. I haven't really given much thought to its deeper meaning, but as I watched it with you, your hands tightly wrapped around my shoulders and promises of love where once again whispered in my ears I realized one thing--I need to put the past behind me, behind us in order to move forward.
Sunsets signify different meaning to other people. Others may hate it because it means that darkness had once again crept into their houses or rooms and thoughts that are reserved for darkness resurfaces once more.
Some might like darkness because they can find peace in it.
For me, it's simple. Sunset signifies an end. An end of a day, no matter how crappy or s****y that day has been, it will always end. No matter how happy you have been that day, a lover might have surprised you or proposed to you, you passed an exam, you had the best shanghai dumplings ever--IT WILL ALWAYS END.

I had only realized this as I looked at you, we need to put everything behind us in order for us to move forward. I'm not saying that forgetting or moving on would be easy. It won't. Some days, I might bring it up during one of our petty fights and you will dash out of the room and come back later that night when you know I'm already sleeping. You'll wake up early the next day so you could avoid me and wouldn't talk to me the whole day. But this I know, our fight will end, you'll come home one night with a smile on your face as you will shower me with kisses and love.
Moving forward would never be the same as forgetting. I might move forward but I will never forget. For you, I am willing to do both.
I watched the final seconds of the sun before it settles in. I smiled to myself and held your hand, you hugged me tight and kissed my temple in exchange. I want to remember this ending. Ending to start a new beginning.
I want this moment to last. I want to remember this forever because when I'm old, I would look back at this day and remember our promises with each hug, kiss and every I love you we had uttered. All of this meant that we made it. We made it through everything and we will continue to surpass everything because that's what we are and what we want. We want this to last. Forever.
I love you S. I said.
I love you more. You're my soul mate. You said.
I smiled. Knowing full well that those words were true. I just needed to see it in your eyes to know that you truly care for me.

© 2014 Arabella Schlitz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very beautiful and romantic
Both male and female can relate to it, for when we find the special one, we fight to the end.
I still haven't found that special one but I have watched my parents survive through all these years.
Well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Arabella Schlitz

9 Years Ago

Thank you or the review. And I am sure that you'll find that someone someday like I have found mine... read more
The Black Warrior

9 Years Ago

You are very welcome, and thank you...I hope on that! ;) I will be patiently waiting, won't rush thi.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Added on October 9, 2014
Last Updated on October 9, 2014
Tags: Moving on, endings, beginnings, past

Author

Arabella Schlitz
Arabella Schlitz

Philippines



About
I tend to write with whatever emotions strike me. more..

Writing