Back and Forth

Back and Forth

A Story by LMWrites
"

a short back and forth I wrote for class.

"

            “Ten years. Can you believe it’s been that long, babe?”

             “Oh, I can.” Marla said. “Ten long years.”

            “Well, even though all that time has passed, it still feels like just yesterday when you agreed to be my girlfriend in Chemistry class.” Nix reminisced.  

            “Good times, good times.” She says.

            “Right. Just like the time you sprained your ankle during that softball game. I believe that’s when I fell in love with you; you didn’t let that stop you from making it to practice�"or to prom three days after.”

            “So…my injuries excite you? Is that why you brought me all the way up this mountain, to give me another one?”

            “No, Mar, it’s more than that. I admire your strength.” He asserted.

            “Oh…thanks.” She said absently.

            “No, it’s me who should be thanking you.”

            “For what? I didn’t do anything.” Marla defended.

            “Oh, but you did. You were there for me during the darkest times of my life. When my grandma died six years ago it was you who got me through it. And you who made me realize the value of living for the better.”

            “I remember. That was a tough time.” She agreed.

            “And I know I haven’t always been the easiest person to deal with, but I love you.”

            “Oh, please stand up, you shouldn’t grovel…” She urged.

            “Your strength and kindness are virtues to worship, and watching your body grow with new life during this pregnancy has filled me with more honor and pride than I deserve.”

            “But�"” Marla began.

            “The value of life, I’ve learned, is living it.” Nix continued. “And I don’t want to live another day without you. Will you marry me?”

            Marla cast guilty eyes beyond him, biting her lip.

            “Will you?”  Nix prompted again, worry coating his words.

            “No.” She growled. “I won’t.”

© 2018 LMWrites


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on March 26, 2018
Last Updated on March 26, 2018
Tags: love, short story

Author

LMWrites
LMWrites

Durham, NC



About
I love to write; it's as much of a joy to me as it is an outlet. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by LMWrites


One One

A Chapter by LMWrites