Climate Change

Climate Change

A Poem by Lola Nation
"

a little rough but a conversation in passing...

"

 

He was standing in line,

We were sitting down;

 

She said "Hello Leonard."

He waved.

 

"See that there," he pointed to the window,

"Means were in for a cold January."

He placed his order.

 

"What’s he talking about?"

 

I said the weather.

 

"I didn’t ask about the weather, why did

he tell me about the weather?"

 

I flippantly said, "when all else fails"…

she finished the saying as it goes,

"...and he looks like a man, that all else

has failed…"

© 2008 Lola Nation


Author's Note

Lola Nation
I sense this is a little bit rough in the draft but he really did look like all he had left to discuss was the weather, maybe that's why it came so naturally.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


Droll! This Brautigan-esque plain quirkiness with the name "Leonard" and your profile mention of Tom Robbins summons up Mr. Cohen. ;-)

Not to mention that your title leads one to expect condensed Paul Hawken, of "Blessed Unrest."

And "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

Interesting to find so many referents in such a deceptively simple poem! The deadpan dry humor lingers.

Posted 15 Years Ago


well, there were these couple of chicks, and i thought i'd point out the window an' see which one followed my finger, and then i said that thing about winter to see if one of 'em wanted to keep the conversation going...you can never tell where things'll get to if you keep dropping bread crumbs...

Posted 15 Years Ago


of all the things that words might possibly say, he only knew to point at the window and spout about the weather.It really is sad.

But apparently true, when all else fails.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 3, 2008
Last Updated on November 3, 2008

Author

Lola Nation
Lola Nation

Los Angeles, CA



About
Please find my work on these two sites. For poetry: http://insult-to-injury-poetry.blogspot.com/. For short stories: http://make-it-short.blogspot.com/ ABOUT ME: I am originally from Venice Be.. more..

Writing
Careened Careened

A Poem by Lola Nation