Dreaming of you

Dreaming of you

A Story by Lola Voyage

My eyes wander in the midnight sky. I am sitting on the blond sand of the beach near my house, listening to   the waves of the ocean  as they crush heavily on the shore; restless and loud. 

The light breeze ignites the cigarette between my fingers; I find myself thinking again, reminiscing about the warmth of your eyes, a faint smile on my tired face...I am on another planet, and  I call on to you like a brokenhearted  dove , seeking grace, looking for  itself  in the vast celestial.

I want to go where clouds cannot swim, where thoughts do not drain and pain, where no worry is allowed. Peace and epiphany,  giving my heart to Love, and losing track of time...I remember,  You appeared to me like a vision in the smoke of my imagination, dancing like a flame in the wind, brighter, as you manifested. Those times filled me with Light and wander, at the sound of your laughter, the brightness  of the stars on your cheeks. Feverish and eager, my heart beat so fast, I tried to keep up and ran as fast as i could, but you ran out of sight;i kept  looking for you in the abyss of my  desolation, I cried to hold you. I rested my soul at the feet of fate, begging for mercy.  This suffering grew heavy in my heart, until  You  turned to me, 

quietly radiating  with that smile of yours, speaking words of life and silence.

That is how I want to remember you, amidst everything else that time will leave behind. My Man, my God, King of the  vast, where the  Rivers  cross, and the birds run free. King of the caves, and the forests. hard twisted roots are  growing from the crown of your head. You are the voice of Peace, as you speak of eternity, raising your spirit and  filling the space around me ...i look at you while you  look away…I meant to draw your shape  in my mind, like paint on a canvas, defining and coloring the spirits that animate you, carefree in  in the wilderness of  my dreams,  glad to be heard, and loved...Some time, i will to see you again, although you need no promise, in the end.

Aren't dreams meant to stay dreams?   and in the space of  my mind , there is space enough...words and sensations are kept their in secret, like some rare books of times ancient, long forgotten and dusty, deep and wise. 

You will see, It is a world of its own, a collection of poetry.

 you will close your arms around me. .like soft feathers on a silver bird, like the sweet scent of flowers in the growing  twilight.

Once more, you will take my hand  and lead me into  the Cosmos, through the tall  trees of your garden,  you will sing the same song to me, reminding me of times past that couldn't last.

Of memories that never truly existed.

Of images beyond the walls of reality

Do you remember?...

© 2020 Lola Voyage


Author's Note

Lola Voyage
I am only beginning to write in English, i usually write in French, it would be very appreciated to learn the possible mistakes i made, either in grammar or in phrasing, etc.... thank you for reviewing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the bittersweet mood you create here. Your prose is dreamy, poetic, wistful, and heart wrenching. Anyone that has loved and lost will appreciate this very much. I am definitely one of them.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lola Voyage

3 Years Ago

you have honestly made my day. now i feel encouraged to share more of my writings. i am so happy for.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
1 Review
Added on November 20, 2020
Last Updated on November 20, 2020

Author

Lola Voyage
Lola Voyage

Gatineau, Québec, Canada



About
Hello, my chosen name is Lola, and i am a dreamer. Dreams have played a huge role in my life since age three. I lost my parents around that time, and contracted a rare disease that would have me take.. more..