Delicate Things

Delicate Things

A Poem by LPH
"

The tale of a single flower...

"

A single wild flower that stands alone on the top of a hill might think itself mighty. It would turn to the sky and cry out, “behold, I am all that is upon this hill, therefore I am its king.”

And the sky shall answer, “Who is this that declares all to be theirs?”

And the flower shall say, “I am Man, and I am all there is. None shall rival me for there are none to challenge. I will bloom and blossom forever, long may my roots grow till the star themselves are mine.”

And the sky will answer not, for it carries the harbinger of disaster. Winter shall come to the hill, and the flower will be alone to feel its wrath. Leaves will whither, petals shrivel, and at long last, the king of the hill will die. That is the nature of things, and nothing can escape nature.

© 2012 LPH


Author's Note

LPH
a short poem i wrote for my creative writing class about humanity and nature.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A lovely little short piece of prose, appealing to any who understand the implacable and spectacular tyranny of nature. It seemed to me that this could be just a fragment of a larger tale, a few words here and there could be expounded into whole paragraphs of wonder. Why not describe the flower's conquest of the stars? Tell us of how the flower reached out and from the firmament crowned itself sovereign. Then more paragraphs of the flowers down throw, of the desolation and ruins. Painting this picture of woe show us beauty, for nature will create and refine a beauty the flower - man - cannot ever match. Amongst the ruins of the flower's farcical empire the eternal beauty of nature shall still be there.

As you can tell I enjoyed the piece immensely to the point where I am almost demanding you expand it - give more, this piece is like the water before Tantalus! But my ramblings and demands end and I shall simply say bravo! I do hope you have more for me and others to read!

Keep writing.

Warm Regards,
A.E.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 31, 2012
Last Updated on March 31, 2012
Tags: Futility, humanity, destruction

Author

LPH
LPH

TX



About
I don't know what to say about myself. I love writing, loved it for a long time. My issue though is that i don't think i'm good. So my fiance told me that i should try letting others read my work t.. more..