Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by L.M.Warde

Epilogue




            The sun crested the horizon, showering the city with crimson rays of hope for a new day, of new beginnings. Families readied themselves for the events to transpire. Children prepared for lessons at school, dreading each moment of their confinement in the institutions of the civilized world.


            Among the streets, talk was still fluttering through from ear to ear about the scandal of Nicollo Coyle and his father. There was talk also of the heroic return of their once thought dead Victor, who was easily confused for his twin. A clever plan enacted by clever, cruel, criminals.


            Nicollo, with the help of his father killed his twin, Victor, when they found that he knew their secrets and was with confidence on his way to inform the law of their deeds. He then took on the identity of his brother, making it seem as though he himself had died. A believable story by any who knew his habits of wrong doing. But no-one expected him to assume the identity of his slain brother. It worked this way for several years; alas, the memories of the past would be revisited to haunt him for the remainder of his days. This was thanks to his fathers attempt to remove his son from the picture in an effort to salvage his underhanded operations. Unfortunately for them both, Victor had not been finished off, but had in fact been living the streets, waiting for his time to set things straight. One by one, Victor eliminated the wicked individuals involved in his fathers plans.


            The people could barely believe it. The papers could hardly find the words for it, but here they were, shaken by these events that transpired despite their lack of or reluctance to believe.


            A young boy lay in bed, staring out the window. Rays of sunshine painted his white sheets different shades of reds and pinks. Despite his condition, a smile was stretched on his face that would never be matched by another child again. He was a free boy. He gazed at the clouds floating by, stained by the radiance of the sun's love. It was indeed a new day, and for this young boy, the beginning of a new life. As he stared, a nurse called for him.


            “Alexander?” She said. “Alexander, your parents are here.”


            His smile could grow no wider, and his happiness could fill him no more, lest he burst into a million tiny pieces, which would have spoiled the mood.


            The three of them smiled seemingly to be lost in a world completely of their own, devoid of any shadows or dark pasts. They were happier than could be expressed in any form, and nothing could break them from that euphoria.








© 2013 L.M.Warde


Author's Note

L.M.Warde
From the bottom of my heart, Thank you to everyone for your support the last ten weeks! Your encouragement and enthusiasm has been more valuable to me than I could ever express. Thanks as well for reading this and seeing it through to the end with me! There are no words to show how appreciative I am for your patience! It really means a lot to me. If you enjoyed this writing, please look for the next story set to begin in the next few weeks. I hope to see you there, Thank you once again!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
Added on September 9, 2013
Last Updated on September 9, 2013


Author

L.M.Warde
L.M.Warde

KS



About
In a simple explanation: I am a rather quiet individual who strongly enjoys telling stories, be them a short narrative at a party or get together, or a long chapter-by-chapter telling through .. more..

Writing