Eremite

Eremite

A Story by L.M.Warde

         Somewhere lost  in wilderness, in the thicknesses of the forest, there lives an old man who plays a pan-flute in a way that no other can.  His tunes are often lonely, for there are none to hear of the somber song as it drifts across the land.

         Notes float past the trees and creatures, dancing through the breeze, but no-one hears the sadness that his music ever bleeds.

         So he sits alone on a branch, one much too high to see.  Lost in the moment he drifts far away on the wings of forlorn melody.   Caught forever in the blissful tether of a soulful remedy.  

         That is,  until time has come and his notes begin to fade.   When his body will wither and the trees softly whisper of the songs that he once played.

© 2013 L.M.Warde


Author's Note

L.M.Warde
another from a few old pieces. I've always pondered the changes I would make to this, but the rawness and lack of refinement in some ways is a satisfying testimony, so I can never bring myself to change it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

423 Views
Added on October 3, 2013
Last Updated on October 3, 2013
Tags: lonely, forlorn, forest

Author

L.M.Warde
L.M.Warde

KS



About
In a simple explanation: I am a rather quiet individual who strongly enjoys telling stories, be them a short narrative at a party or get together, or a long chapter-by-chapter telling through .. more..

Writing