Prologue: 6 Years Ago

Prologue: 6 Years Ago

A Chapter by LaLaLandy

A bright green light shone in the girl's emerald eyes, causing her to finch away. Her parents exchanged worried looks, standing up to look out the window. The 10-year-old girl stopped reading her book, looking across the living room to see her parents whispering. She raised a dark brow, setting it down on the table next to her before swinging her legs right and getting up to head to the window.

Her parents didn't notice her until she had squeezed between them and looked out the glass window that towered above her. Outside, it was dark, with the streetlight illuminating the pavement and their green lawn. Their driveway was lined with trees, seperating them from their neighbours, and the stone pathway up tp their door was covered in chalk drawings.

She didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but suddenly her brother ran up the stairs, yelling.

"Mom, dad!" Her 17 year old brother yelled, flipping his dark hair out of his face. "They're in the house!"

Her mom grabbed her hand, turning off all lights in the house while her father ran over to the old grandfather clock in their hallway, his fingers fumbling over a lock in the dark. He pulled open the front of the clock, revealing a room filled with odd equiptment. There were a few brooms in one corner, with some wierd animal fossils being displayed around the room, five peices of thin wood on their own display cases in the middle of the room, each with a family member's name on them. Books flapped around the room, but hurried back to the shelves when her father yelled for them too, and a fireplace stood next to a chair and a couch, a huge red button next to it.

Her dad didn't hesitate to slam his hand on the red button, making it flash. No sound came like she thought, but her mother led her to the room as her father and brother took the wood that were on their labeled stands before disappearing back down the stairs.

Her mom knealed in front of her daughter, taking her hands in hers. "Honey, a man is going to come through the fireplace is a few minutes, and I need you to go with him, okay? Tell him what happened, tell him your sister is at a friend's house and he will protect you and her, I promise." She walked over to the stand, grabbing the remaining pieces of wood. "This one," she placed hte darkest one at all black into her hand, and it was smooth, thin and short. "Is your wand. It was passed down through the family and every one of your ansestors with your power had it. The wand only answers to the descendent with the right power, and you are very powerful to have this, darling. Give this one" it was light brown and slightly cracked, "to your sister when you find her, I promise you two will learn everything soon. Now, where's your necklace?"

The girl touched her neck, before giving her mom a frantic look. "It's in the family room."

"It will keep you safe. It is the source of your power and identity, you must always have it, okay? I'll go grab-" She was cut off with a gasp, her own, as her eyes went wide. Her body stiffened, and she fell to the floor with a thud. The girl screamed, watching as another shot of green light came through the clock's door from the basement, sending more object crashing down and everywhere. Sticking from her mother's back was a sharp knife, that she remembered was sitting by their door in a protective case. That made her scared.

She remembed her mom's words. It will keep you safe. She ran through the wooden entrance of the clock, hearing it tick loudly at the hour. Her hand clasped around the hectagon base of the necklace she had since she was little, feeling the warmth she always felt when she held it. She slipped it over her head and let it dangle on her neck.

"Hello?" She heard a voice call from the clock room, and she hurried back to the entrance, but stopped in her tracks. A girl stood there, looking around the room. She lifted her eyes to her, and smiled. "Hi there. Do you plan on joining me any time soon?"

She shook her head. Her mother had said a man. She didn't want to trust the girl. She knew she should, but she didn't. "Where's the man?"

"The man?" The lady said, taking steps forward. The younger girl stepped back, her hands pressing against the window across the room. The stairs stood between them, and she could hear men and women yelling from downstairs. "You have to hurry!" She hissed, hearing the people below them. She held out her hand.

A sharp pain hit the back of her head, sending her to the ground. Sharp glass showered around her, and she let out a scream. The window had exploded. Looking up, she saw a man with gangly, stringy brown hair to his shoulders and a dirty face, with dark blue eyes and wearing all black stood between the two girls, his wand pointed at her.

She felt warm liquid cover her neck as she sat up, tears forming in her eyes as she let out a whimper and a cry.

"You gonna cry, little girl?" He fake pouted, before taking a step towards her. "You gonna cry to your mommy? Oh wait, your mommy is dead."

He reached out to her, and she closed her eyes, wrapping her arms around her knees and hiding her face as tears escaped her eyes. A white glow surrounded her, and the man fell backwards as soon as he reached it, causing her to clutch her necklace as it burned around her neck. As soon as she did, it stopped, and she was left staring at his unconcious body.

"Come on, honey." the lady said in a sickly sweet voice.

She shook her head, grabbing her wand from where she had dropped it on the floor around the glass shards.

With an angry growl, the lady ran towards her, but she had already jumped through the broken window. When the lady looked down, she was gone.

 



© 2011 LaLaLandy


Author's Note

LaLaLandy
The prologue, I hoped you like it! Let me know! Pic is by CrystalAmelia on Wattpad.com :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

595 Views
Added on November 28, 2011
Last Updated on November 28, 2011


Author

LaLaLandy
LaLaLandy

Canada



About
I'm Canadian (we do NOT say Eh, even though my town is obsessed with Hockey, I hate it, and I live in a lovely regular home near a Tim Hortons, which unlucky Americian's don't have. TIMMY'S IS THE BES.. more..

Writing