Chapter One: Is He Captain America, Mommy? (WIP)

Chapter One: Is He Captain America, Mommy? (WIP)

A Chapter by Almea
"

Unfinished

"

Chapter One:

Is He Captain America, Mommy?

I


Being gangsters calls for a violently normal routine. Or rather, normally violent. It’s like that one friend you punch in the shoulder every time you see them, except with us, it’s an enemy we track down and ambush. Well, I suppose it’s not that similar, but you get the point. Now, I’m sure you all have a friend who always backs out on you when you need him most, right? The cowards. The kids who won’t ride the roller coaster. Fortunately for us, we only had one of those for a few weeks. We toughened him up a bit. Actually, not exactly. He saved our asses while screaming justice and wearing an American flag speedo. Close enough, I guess.


Valiant, or rather, Marianne Hicks, had short blond hair and baby blue eyes. Good thing we gave him that nickname, or he would get picked on big time, I’m sure. He was built like an army man, but he acted like a mouse. He was only 24 when he joined. No idea why I let him join in the first place. He had a certain boyish charm to him and he was very respectful. Maybe it was that, but we needed a guy who could fight. Oh, right. I decided I was going to toughen him up. It’s what he wanted. He was tired of being so meek and shy. He wanted to be able to kick a*s, get the dames, and come out of his little turtle shell.

He became a member of my little gang and adjusted quite slowly to the sudden and most violent changes. Valiant quivered at the sight of our most beloved and most towersome member, Butler. The guy looks kinda eerie, but not enough to almost cry in fear over. What a wuss Valiant was at the time. Well, he still is...kinda.

On this particular day, the day of the independence of our so-called country, I had assigned a big mission. We had to infiltrate our long time enemies’ so-called base. It was just a shack in the middle of nowhere. Hard to find, but if in the right neck of the woods, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

The Dartyn Gang is barely infamous around these parts. Hardly anybody knows about them because they’re too afraid to leave their beloved ‘HQ,’ if you can even call it that. It’s a family gang. Only family members may join, if that was not obvious to you. Darla Dartyn and Dick Dartyn are the leaders. Actually, not really. They kiss the feet of their son as if he has complete power over them. He treats them like dirt. They’re ‘below’ him.  

Darryn Dartyn is nothing but a rat in the sewers, in my opinion. He’s smart, but he does nothing but talk big and act like the greatest kid in all of the world. He probably kicks puppies. That’s bad. That’s really bad actually. I once killed a guy who kicked puppies. He also stole money from me though. (I’m just assuming he kicked puppies) But that’s besides the point

I don’t really remember what the point was in the first place so I’m just gonna say, we deal with some very bad people. This is quite hypocritical of me to say since I am also a criminal, but either way, they’re bad to us.


It all started with a call from our favorite little spy, Javier. A gentleman with impeccable taste in clothing and wonderful skills of disguise was very suited for the job. His fashionable flair and good looks were also a great distraction for us on some sort of heists. Javier is also Multilingual which is great for business! He fluently speaks Spanish, French, and English.

Anyways, Javier told us that he had spotted the Dartyns roaming around happily, so he decided to spy on them. He heard them say they had a rendezvous with Allymae at 3 PM. He was cleverly disguised as a barista at Starbucks at that time, waiting for them. Allymae is my daughter, so even if it wasn’t a threatening conversation, I’d still have Javier spy! That’s my little girl! She’s only 22 and she is such a bright young darling! I don’t want her getting involved with the Dartyns!


After giving them their drinks, Javier gave Allymae a chip so he could listen in on the conversation, but she refused. She said if they spoke of any potential threat, she’d tell him. Worried, Javier called me and told me the situation. He said he heard her speak of Darryn’s ‘charms,’ which is absurd! That boy has no manners, so I doubt he’d have charm! The nerve of my daughter to even bring up his name, nonetheless, speak to our enemies!

I called my daughter to my office right after she got home. I interrogated her and she said she was seeing that rascal! My daughter, Allymae Seachrist, was seeing an enemy and intending to have romantic relations with him! Oh, how betrayed I felt at that time. Allymae had said that we should help them, which I did not do, of course! It was foolish of me to do, but I didn’t think it was at the time.  


Continuing on, she got in trouble, but as a woman, I can’t give her any punishment. Such is the way of life, I suppose. Anyways, after the talk, I decided to take a seat and review this problem in my head. I just didn’t understand any of what was happening. She loved him. That was obvious, but why? Damn him and his charms. How could the day get any worse?

         Apparently, yes. The day could and did get worse. Allymae had invited Darryn over for dinner to form a pact. Internally screaming, I dealt with it like any adult would. I did this by verbally screaming into a pillow.


© 2013 Almea


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on August 23, 2013
Last Updated on August 23, 2013
Tags: WIP, unfinished, first chapter


Author

Almea
Almea

Franklintown, PA



About
Hi! I'm Almea~! I'm 15. I really like reading and writing! I hardly ever finish writing anything because I can never find a reason why, but if i had some encouragement, then maybe I will! I try to.. more..

Writing
Prologue?? Prologue??

A Chapter by Almea