Where I�m From

Where I�m From

A Poem by Renee Porter

I’m from a life full of pain and love, from projects to nice houses, the love of my family and friends.
I’m from a church family full of love, with kids I grew up with and love to death.
I’m from a family where my daddy left me, now my cousins and uncles are like my daddy’s.
I’m from a house where my mama always tells me to clean up my room, and do the dishes, from a mama who’s always there for me.
I’m from a family who lost a loved one, my sister Kashar, from a family with aunts and uncles that always tells me to be careful, from cousins who has baby mama baby daddy drama, where we always try to stick together even when times get hard and you want to give up, but you can’t.
I’m from a place where you always don’t have money or nice things, but your mama goes out of her way just to get you those new pair of shoes.
I’m from music and art, writing and taking care of babies all the time.
I’m from the ghetto, did some stuff that I shouldn’t have, but I made it this far, making it that far, and going to make it real far.



                        By: LaVercia Porter
                                2006

© 2008 Renee Porter


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on March 25, 2008

Author

Renee Porter
Renee Porter

Knoxville, TN



About
Haven't been on here in almost seven years. Trying to start writing again. more..

Writing
I Cry I Cry

A Poem by Renee Porter