Mummy?

Mummy?

A Poem by Lauren Xena Campbell

Why do you push me away mummy,
Do you not love me anymore?
Mummy, where did you go?
Who is this man; I haven’t seen him before,
Where were you last night mummy?
Not in your bed,
Not at home,
I was worried,
Do you not love daddy?
Is that why you go away?
Will you come home soon?
Mummy?


© 2008 Lauren Xena Campbell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I notice people don't like to comment poetry this deep. I have one that you may be interested called "On a Cold Mothers Day". I love how you capture a child�s innocents and naivety with simplistic questioning that anyone who remembers childhood or had a child can relate to as far as trying to figure out an adult situation. Very good. I�m delighted I ventured over to view this one.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

so sad =[ pulled the emotion strings on this poem. nice write

Flame

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An interesting read...good job

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really love this piece. The content and meaning behind it is very powerful abd i likethe method you used forwriting in seeing it through the eyes of a child. curious and questioning and trying to make sense of the ituation. BUT the rhythm and flowofthe poem took away from it for me.it begins with aregular rhythm and rhyme in the first four lines but i would hae preferred it stayed that way. gieing it a more sing-song kindof tone like a childs nursery rhyme to relate to the theme. apart from that a lovely write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aw... this subject is always hard. It made me think of my cousins... >.>... Good piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A powerful poem. You really captured the emotions of the child here. Naive, and pure, with simple questions that need an answer. Good work. XX


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

eek! Hate this one. Not really but I hate the image that it gives. The poem is good and does exactly what you wanted it too.
Thanks for sharing.
Love All, Mejasha

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A nice piece, good depth and emotion; however, I can't say that the stream of haphazard questioning flowing from the mind of a child flows as the piece I'd like to win the contest. This is an awesome poem, don't get me wrong. The style you've used is effective and heartbreaking for a reader. Thank you for your entry into the Any and All Poetry Contest.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

this is short simple yet jam packed with emotions.
powerful writing, is quite good as it stands upon some expansion it could be amazing.
thank you for entering my contest

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Strong poem. Takes us right into the child's view of puzzling events. Actually it is painful to read. You can sense the mother squirming and of course you sense the unpappiness of the adults as they mess up for any of the usual reasons. But it is the simple innocent urgency of the questions that works so well. No words wasted. And of course we quake because we know the answers and we know the disappointments facing the child when some of the answers hit home. And there are thousands, and thousands, and thousands of children who ask those very questions every year. It's bad enought when it's a father, but seems worse when the questions are asked of a mother. Then there are the complications of step-fathers, step-mothers... Finger on a key social pulse here methinks. And such is the norm now.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Hmm, a powerful piece, sad piece. I don't know what else I can say, it strikes at my emotions hard for such a short yet gripping work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

710 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 6, 2008

Author

Lauren Xena Campbell
Lauren Xena Campbell

Somewhere on the edge of the imagination



About
Dreams are not made to be broken, but are created in the heart to write destiny! I've always loved making up stories and putting words down onto paper, despite the fact that I only really learnt to.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..