Stronger

Stronger

A Poem by Brittni
"

This is about becoming stronger after someone who promises to never leave you has hurt you.

"
Did you know who I was?
Did you care what was left behind?
Were you wanting tears?
Screaming,crying, begging?
You didn't think I knew,
You thought I was niave.
A long time ago,
I thought I was weak.
I would have done everything I could
To keep you in my life.
But now I see the light
I see something so wonderful and true.
It's my future without you holding me back.
Daddy I loved you, but you'll never be forgiven.

© 2010 Brittni


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I thought I'd commented on this! D: I absolutely love this! And I'm not just saying that because you're my best friend. :P I just think this is beautiful and I could feel the emotion from beginning to end. You're truly an amazing writer, sweetie, and you deserve more views and comments.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, this is a brilliant poem, and you can really feel the emotion behind it. The ending was a surprise, but it was a nice change from all the poems about boyfriends etc. leaving. Love it :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, I was sent this read request and I'm so very glad that I took the time to read it. It was absolutely amazing. The end DID come as a shock. You drew me in from the beginning and in just a short poem you told an entire story. Very, very well done.
MKLINE

Posted 12 Years Ago


this was great. the ending shocked me. i so thought you were going towards a lover that jilted you and you took it another way, making it about your father. i'm glad i was requested to read this

Posted 13 Years Ago


Strong. Raw. Closeness of kin and a smack in the face of parenting.
I'd say don't tell who it is. In other reviews I said the idea os not to tell me how much you liked it. It's to tell me where it took you or what did it do.
This thing begged me not to let my own father go even without knowing it. Let it speak on ALL levels, not just for the father crowd.

Nice shooting

Posted 13 Years Ago


I thought I'd commented on this! D: I absolutely love this! And I'm not just saying that because you're my best friend. :P I just think this is beautiful and I could feel the emotion from beginning to end. You're truly an amazing writer, sweetie, and you deserve more views and comments.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A personal and powerful write. Leaving only the imagination to wonder about the horrors one faced. What chilling noises came from your life, and what pain you must have endured.

Regards,

Matthew

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

453 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 16, 2010
Last Updated on November 16, 2010

Author

Brittni
Brittni

New Castle, PA



About
I'm 23 years old and I've always found the most comfort in my writing because I feel like everyday, you need a change. You feel a need to be someone different and writing is a chance to be someone els.. more..

Writing
No Surprise No Surprise

A Poem by Brittni


The First Week The First Week

A Chapter by Brittni



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..