Embodying Divinity; Embodying Energy

Embodying Divinity; Embodying Energy

A Story by Lady Ra
"

An article on embodying the Divine.

"
"Divinity lies within." This was a phrase the famous Greek philosopher Socrates was murdered for. The idea that Divinity is all around us and within in us has been a heated debate since the beginning of organized religion itself; the idea that we are the keepers of our own souls.

Only now has science been discovering just how odd the world of energy and spirit really is as they try to grasp what quantum physics is telling us about the world. Quantum physics now tells us that the observer does in fact have an influence over energy; that energy, whether a particle or a wave, actually responds to our presence. I like this new discovery. I like what it implies; that energy has a kind of intelligence. 

So how would one apply this to our lives? How would we take this information and use it in a practical way? It is my belief that Divinity or Divine Energy or Source Energy can take many forms. I believe that the Gods and Goddesses, Saints and Spirit Guides, Angels, Ancestors, and Ascended beings, and Mother Nature herself are all forms of energy as well. If what quantum physics tells us is true, that there is something intelligent and responsive in energy, then perhaps we can communicate with this energy.

For me creativity is spirituality; nature is spirituality; sexuality is spirituality; and spirituality is energy; our soul or spirit being force trapped in form.

Here are some ideas on how to embody this intelligent Energy or Divinity:

1. Nature
Being out in nature is one of my favorite spiritual practices. It is easy and free. You don't need to subscribe to any particular cult or religious tradition. You can do it almost anywhere. You can do it alone or with loved ones. All it does require is your presence in the here and now.

2. Creativity
Another of my favorite spiritual practices. You don't need to be an artist. Creativity can be almost anything: art, writing, poetry, singing, dance, sculpture, crafts, gardening, cooking, decorating, flower arrangement, tea ceremony, fashion, body paining, henna, and make-up artistry, etc. The list can go on and on. All creativity needs is for you to be there day to day for 20 minutes or more.

3. Love and Sexuality
Sexuality and spirituality run the same circuitry in the psyche as Dr. Carl Jung once proposed. I agree. Blending sexuality, love, and spirituality can be life altering when done in a conscious, self aware way. The practice of Tantra or sexual mediation has been practiced for many thousands of years. (see my article on Tantra: Blending the Sensual/Sexual with the Spiritual for more details).

5. Movement
There is no life without movement; movement is life. There are many, many ways to practice this: yoga, dance, Thai Chi, Chi Kung, martial arts, walking or pilgrimage, sex, massage, running, exercising, climbing, cycling, etc).

6. Being in the Now
Ekhart Tolle became famous for articulating this idea in a way that westerners could understand. This ancient form of awareness has been around for since the time of awareness itself and beyond. Now is all we have. The only element of time that actually exists is now as philosophers say. Being present in all that we do can be difficult as the demands of the day mount up, but if we can bring some of the sacred into our daily routines, then we are well on our way. If we can take some time to truly be aware of what we are doing at any given moment (eating, doing dishes, going to work, driving the car, being with our loved ones, etc), then we can be present.

7. Meditation and Silence
I love meditation. Meditation is a great way to be present and aware. It is tricky to silence the mind, but meditation can take many forms and if one form does not work for you then try another. Be sure to give at least 4 - 6 months of a cirtan kind of meditation a try before moving on to another. Figuring out what meditation would work for us takes time. You can also try using multiple practices if that feels right. I like to have a little variety; moving meditations like yoga, walking meditations on a labyrinth, the classic sitting meditation, ecstatic dance as meditation, raja yoga or art as meditation, mantra meditation, and tantra or sex as meditation. I also go on silent retreat once a year to reset my battery. The act of what the Buddhists call Nobel Silence can be a great way to clear the mind, but it can be challenging, so try a mini retreat first before taking longer retreats.

8. Prayer, Mantra, Affirmation
The act of communicating verbally to a Divine source or Energy has been around since humans had language. It is simple, free, takes no time at all, and can take many forms: prayer, mantras, affirmations, song, poetry, or a simple dialogue. 

9. Visualization and Guided Imagery
Some people are more visual and need to imagine or see the Energy around them. One can sit with eyes closed and imagine speaking with whatever form this Great Energy can take and get some great advice.

10. Spiritual Reading
Some people are very intellectual, cerebral, and academic, so simply reading about something spiritual can help. Poetry is an ancient act of spiritual reading as well.

11. Travel
Travel is one of my most favorite types of spiritual practice whether its a long walk out in nature or a long trip somewhere exotic. The act of seeing how others live and speak is a great learning experiece that everyone should partake in. It can be free or it can be very expensive, the choice is yours. A long walk in an area you've not been in, a long bus ride, a long car ride, a train ride, a plane ride - whatever your pleasure. Travel can make us value what we have; make us grateful for life we have. Travel can also make us long for something much bigger in our lives and help us think outside the box.

12. Embodiment
Another form of spirituality is to be as the Gods and Goddesses are. This is a form of role play in which you embody the positive qualities of a God or Goddess, or some other form of Divinity of your choosing. You can even embody the Great Energy itself, whatever that means to you. Spend a few hours of a day as a God or Goddess, Saint or Spirit Guide, Angel, Ancestor, Ascended being, or Mother Nature herself. There are Beings of healing or prosperity or love or courage; the choices are limitless. Its really up to you.

The list of ways to bring this Great Divine Energy into our lives are endless, but with a little imagination we can open our lives up in ways we could never imagine. Is that not what living a spiritual life was all about in the first place?


Enjoy and Be Well,

Lady Ra


© 2013 Lady Ra


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats


Author

Lady Ra
Lady Ra

British Columbia, Canada



About
Welcome. Me: published author / artist / poet, traveler, wanderer, ex-model My writings are mainly poetry and lifestyle articles with a bit of a kink and will appeal to all those interested in:.. more..

Writing