Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Laura

Dates…they can say to so much and so little at the same time. Some have meaning while others hold no significance at all. 

I sat staring at the clock opposite me ticking away the hours. March 31st 2015; ever since birth I had tried my hardest to do anything but count down the days to this date. 18 years didn’t seem to be enough to span a lifetime. 

Some were given decades and decades to experience life, while others, like myself, hardly even saw themselves into adulthood. I looked down at my left wrist. Marked with the date of my impending doom. I mean it’s hard to not be a pessimist when you know the day you’re going to die. 

Rather than sit around waiting for my fate, I stood up and walked out of my house. Why wait for the moment of ending when I can make it happen and put me out of my misery. Leaving everything I had behind, I walked out into the middle of the road, excepting my fate.



© 2014 Laura


Author's Note

Laura
I would love to know opinions on this as a prologue and also I apologise for any spelling or grammatical errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting, will be reading more

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
1 Review
Added on December 8, 2014
Last Updated on December 8, 2014
Tags: death, teen, alternative universe


Author

Laura
Laura

United Kingdom



About
I'm Laura and I joined when I was 13, I haven't really used this a lot over the past couple of years but am starting again. I am 17 now and I enjoy most genres when it comes to books, particularly fan.. more..

Writing
Reflection Reflection

A Poem by Laura


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Laura


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Laura