Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Laura

My body lay limp over a muscular man’s shoulder. I was shivering, draped in sweat. As I steadily regained consciousness I become confused. What? I thought I’d died! I knew I had always had a pessimist’s view on our existence but this couldn't be the after life! I tried to lift my head but my body screamed at me from the attempt of movement. My view was quite limited, only being able to see the floor and the back of my kidnappers legs. I could hear him talking; he was on the phone. 

“She’s still unconscious.” he spoke in a hushed tone. I could faintly hear the muffled reply of the person on the other side. Trying to work out the conversation wasn’t too hard, especially given my current situation. 

“We should be with you in about 20 minutes.” his pace got faster as he responded. 

       Where was he taking me to? What was even happening? I was meant to be dead! Was I dead? No matter how unlikely it seemed I found it harder to believe that I had somehow managed to survive my fate when it had been so immaculately planned, although saying that it hadn't gone to plan. I hadn't waited for my death like everyone else. I’d gone and got it over with myself. Can you call it suicide when you were already dying that day, and people knew about it? The view of the soaked pavement was getting boring; I closed and easily dazed off into sleep. 

         

         When I woke again I was in a darkened room in a moderately comfy bed covered by a wooden blanket. In the corner of the room sat on a chair I could see a boy, well more like a man, watching me carefully. As I started to try and sit up he moved frantically towards me before grabbing my arms gently lowering me back down. 

“Don’t move! Please, you need to rest.” His voice was husky but full of urgency. In the dim light I could faintly see his face. His eyes stood out staring deep into mine. The silver tint to his blue eyes shone like the moon in a midnight sky. I found myself easily persuaded and moved back down. 

“Where am I?” I asked; my voice sounded dreadful. I tried to see if there was a drink anymore I could have. 

“Can I get you anything? Please relax, I’ll get you whatever you need!” I seemed so concerned and caring for someone I’d just met. 

“Just some water please, or something I can drink.” With that request he left, quickly return with my order. I sat up when I saw the water and put his arm around me helping me sit up before giving me the water. I felt like a child being helped but boy did I need it. All my muscles seemed to be furious with me, screaming at the slightest movement. Even lifting the cup to my lips felt strenuous. He put his hand found mine to help steady the cup. 

        I drank deeply. Never had I been more blissfully happy with the feeling of cool water washing down my throat. Feeling a lot more hydrated I handed the man the cup back. Again he helped me lie back down before going to sit in the corner again. 

“You can join me you know; I don’t bite.” It felt funny him sitting in the corner watching me, like he was a stalker or something. Nervously he picked up the chair and moved it nearer towards me. He came and sat next to me head. 

“So how are you feeling?” His attempt at small talk was weak. I could clearly see he felt uncomfortable in this situation. I don’t know whether it was just nerves or if he was hiding someone thing from me.

“Where am I?” I ignored his question asking my own. I looked around the room which was quite dingy. There was next to no light in the room. His eyes darted about, he was visibly wary.

“It’s not my place to tell you.” he looked confused as if fighting the urge to say something. 

“I promise all will be…well might be explained in the morning.”  There was a silence. I suddenly realised I definitely hadn’t died. I lifted my left hand to look at my wrist; still there. The date 31/03/15 was still marked on me.  I knew that after the person died the date faded. It was part of what happened when the date began to glow. 

         Oh…that was why he was so awkward with me. He didn’t know if I would even make it through the night. Would I? Would I make it through the night? It seemed unlikely. I mean today is the day I’m going to die; how the hell was I going to escape that…a little part of me felt hope. Maybe I will live. This feeling was new. Being the pessimist I’d grown up with little faith in the world but now that I had escaped death once, even if it was partly through to the guy sitting next to me saving me, hope was beginning to grow inside me. 

         It didn’t last long. What was I thinking? No one escapes their death. I mean it is planned and we are born with the date it will happen, why would I think I was special enough to survive? I suppose the hope was nice while it lasted. At least I can die knowing not every moment of my existence was spent in a pessimistic mood, even if the lapse in it was only for a brief moment. 

“Wake me up in the morning…if you can.” I said to the guy still sat next to me. I turn away from him, leaving him my back to stare at. 

“Viva I-” he stopped abruptly, probably realising I wasn’t going to turn around. He knew my name? That was new to me but I wasn’t going to be distracted by that fact. 

“Sweet Dreams Viva.” he lifted his chair and moved back to sitting in the corner. He had clearly been told to watch me, incase the obvious happened. 



© 2014 Laura


Author's Note

Laura
Would love some feedback on this piece on opinions and spelling etc. Hope you like it :-)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love this chapter, can't wait for the next one

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
1 Review
Added on December 17, 2014
Last Updated on December 17, 2014
Tags: death, teen, alternative universe, mystery, unexpected, stranger


Author

Laura
Laura

United Kingdom



About
I'm Laura and I joined when I was 13, I haven't really used this a lot over the past couple of years but am starting again. I am 17 now and I enjoy most genres when it comes to books, particularly fan.. more..

Writing
Reflection Reflection

A Poem by Laura


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Laura


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Laura