Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Laura
"

This is the fifth chapter in my book. Hope you like it :)

"

Chapter Five

 

“You’re joking me?” Summer couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“So you were hit on by a handsome stranger and where does Matt come into all this?” she still didn’t seem to understand.

“That’s just it; he shouldn’t, but goodness he got angry when he saw what Christan was doing.” All this just sounded crazy to me, mad.

“What do you mean angry?” Summer still couldn’t see what I saw.

“His face looked alight with flames of angry as he ran, and I mean ran, and span Christan around and had a go at him before grabbing hold of me and nearly pulling me to the car. It’s not like I can’t handle myself.”I explained while watching her face carefully to see if she would become as confused about the situation as I was.

Just then I heard footsteps coming towards my door, Matt came in with the same enflamed expression on his face.

“It not that I didn’t think you could handle yourself.” he whispered, too angry to talk normally.

“It was what he was thinking. Couldn’t you hear it?” he asked sarcastically, but that’s when it struck me. The whole time I was talking to Christan I hadn’t heard a thing from his mind, and by the way Matt was acting it looked like it was hard to miss it.

“I mean he was shouting them!” he confirmed before continuing. “I wonder what it would be like to go on a date with her. I wonder what it would be like to kiss her.” Matt stopped to take a few deep breaths. “I mean if he lays one more finger on you ...” he couldn’t carry on. Summer looked at me with worry in her eyes. I got up straight away and went to Matt’s side.

“Look don’t worry. I’m going to be fine. Christan can’t do anything to me ok? And like he is ever going to get a chance to find out the answers to his questions.” I comforted him, my violet eyes full of truth, he didn’t look convinced but left it there saying he needed some fresh air.

As soon as he left I walked to the end of the room and put my head in my hands.

“I have to say I get why he was angry now.” Summer said next to me. I looked up at her instantly confused.

“Come on Vi you have to know how he feels about you.” she looked at me like she was pointing out the obvious.

“He loves you Vi, and not just as a sister, anyone can see that.” I didn’t understand. “He was bound to burst one day” I looked at her with complete confusion trying to get this round my head.

So it had been jealously which had made him act like that or maybe he was trying to protect me, but none of this seemed right to me. If he felt that way why wouldn't he just tell me?

Summer seemed to hear my question.

“Come on Vi if you loved someone would you just go and tell them?” she had a point, but this was all just too over whelming.

I got up and left the room needing some space to think. I ran outside before jumping and turning into a jaguar.

It was my gift, or a curse, I’d always been able to even before I became a vampire. I could shape shift into a jag whenever I wanted to, that was why I found it so easy not to eat humans as a vampire because the animal part of me never would.

It felt good the stretch my limps. Everything always seemed easier to handle when I wasn’t in my human, well vampire, form.

Slowly I ran into the darkness of the forest.

I returned just in time to go to school. For some reason I wanted to go today. It was like there was some pull dragging me there. This feeling scared me. It wasn’t anything I’d ever felt before.



© 2013 Laura


Author's Note

Laura
Sorry if there is anything wrong with it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can't picture anyone in your story. I don't know what Matt, Kate, Summer, Sebastian and Vi looks like. You haven't given any details on them or what they can do. Matt is a mind reader, Vi can shape-shift. Please give details, I like the story, so far.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Added on September 19, 2010
Last Updated on March 31, 2013


Author

Laura
Laura

United Kingdom



About
I'm Laura and I joined when I was 13, I haven't really used this a lot over the past couple of years but am starting again. I am 17 now and I enjoy most genres when it comes to books, particularly fan.. more..

Writing
Reflection Reflection

A Poem by Laura


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Laura


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Laura