Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Laura
"

This is the sixth chapter of my book. Hope you like it :)

"

Chapter Six

 

Matt still wasn’t right. All day he wouldn’t leave me alone. He insisted on walking me to every lesson and then escorting me to lunch and break.

I guess it was my fault he wouldn't leave me alone but this still didn’t make sense to me.

 

   The pull was still there when we got to school, somehow getting stronger the closer we got. When we were parked up it was dragging me though the doors into the teenage packed corridors taking me on a wild goose chase. I’d completely forgotten Summer and the other, too curious to find out what the course of this pull was.

    It lead me to the gym door which I opened quickly to find Christan shooting hoops. This confused me. Why would this steel grasped pull bring me to him? What kind of interest did he hold on me?

    Quickly I turned to walk out of the room since he hadn’t noticed me yet, but of course just as I opened the door to leave he span around.

“Hey you can come in.” He said “Don't feel you have to leave on my account.” I turned around to look at him and he instantly straightened up.

“Oh hi Viola.” He blushed looking away from me. “Did you want something?” his face was full of hope and curiosity.

“No sorry wrong room, but you know you are scoring your baskets all wrong.” I criticized trying to hide my own embarrassment.

   I walked towards him gesturing for the ball which he passed to me willingly, and when I was near to the hoop I jumped into the air and slam dunked it.

“Now that’s how you score a basket.” I smiled throwing the ball back at him.

“How do you do that?” he gawped. I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

“I practice. Now you have a go. Just time your jump at the right time and it should work.”

Christen didn’t look convinced but walked forward anyway. With a jump he threw the ball up missing the hoop. The ball then bounced off the back wall and went straight into Christen head with impact. He fell straight to the floor.

    Instantly I was running to his side, though I have no idea why, trying to check if he was ok, but as soon as our skins meet there was some sort of electric shock and all of a sudden I could read his mind. Not just his thoughts and what he was thinking but everything, his feelings, his memories all came to me. Quickly I retracted my hand staring at it strangely. Just then the door to the gym opened again. I didn’t need to turn to know who had come in looking for me.

“What is going on?” asked an angry and agitated voice. I turned my body to face Matt. I didn’t really know what to say.

Slowly Christen got up wobbling a bit.

“Sorry Viola was just teaching me how to score a basket properly as she puts it.” He smiled at me. “I guess I’m gonna need some more practice though.”

    Matt’s face was enflamed again but this time he didn’t seem able to choke out what he wanted to. I walked towards him trying to reach him with my mind.

“Look come on we are going to be late for class.” I said to him before steering him out of the room.

 

Matt had been obsessing over that incident all day!! He almost refused to let me go to .P.e. as well which I thought was going a little over the top!               I ignored Christan in gym, and mentally decided to avoid him from now on as Matt was getting so touchy about this, but that was easier said than done.

 

I hadn’t noticed how many of my lessons Christan was in. In the end the only lesson of mine he wasn’t in was the one I shared with Matt.

    Every day he would be there in the lessons trying to get my attention. He’d say “Hey Viola.” Every time he walked past me and soon he began to get bored of being ignored, and became more persistent.

He followed me round school all day talking to me while I ignored him. It was two and a half weeks after this started, that it began to get too much.

 

“So you know Conner he is having a party at the weekend wanna go?” I couldn’t believe he was really asking me. Hadn’t his ego been hurt enough?

“Look why won’t you leave me alone?” I asked aggravated. He was speechless, either because of the fact that I was really talking to him after nearly two months of trying to get me to or because of the look in my eyes right now.

“Do you know how annoying you are?”I continued since I hadn’t got an answer. “I mean do you have to follow me everywhere?”he still wasn’t saying anything so I just turned around a started to walk away from him.

   “No wait!”he called after me running and then grabbing my arm. Suddenly his mind opened to me just like the last time in the gym. It gave me the same electric shook as last time but this time it didn’t feel horrible...it felt nice.

   For a minute we just stood there looking into each other’s eyes and then suddenly he tilted his head to kiss me. I didn’t try to stop him instead I found myself wrapping my arms around him and drawing him closer.

Why wasn’t I stopping this? Why was I enjoying this...The closeness of his body...his lips?

   Swiftly I run inhumanly away from him till I was out of his sight. I peeped round the corner to see him looking around confused but smug at the turn of events. As soon as he’d walked off to our next lesson I ran out in a blur until I was in the forests just east of the school. When I was safely covered I transformed into a jaguar and ran. 



© 2013 Laura


Author's Note

Laura
Sorry if there is anything wrong with it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
Added on September 19, 2010
Last Updated on March 31, 2013


Author

Laura
Laura

United Kingdom



About
I'm Laura and I joined when I was 13, I haven't really used this a lot over the past couple of years but am starting again. I am 17 now and I enjoy most genres when it comes to books, particularly fan.. more..

Writing
Reflection Reflection

A Poem by Laura


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Laura


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Laura