Dreamt

Dreamt

A Chapter by Dark and Mysterious

It was so dark. Was I really dead? I felt empty inside, like nothing was left inside. I couldn’t see a thing. My chest hurt. I had been betrayed but by whom? Why did it hurt so much? Was this how being dead felt like? I was dreaming wasn’t I? But then why was it so dark? Why did it feel like the world had ended for me? There was wetness around my eyes. What had happened, I never cried. My eyes were closed, I was enduring my torture silently. It didn’t hurt because of the heat. It hurt because of the person giving it to me. Heat? My hand felt weird, small and melting…?!!? It hurt too. I opened my eyes and looked down at my hand. It was burning, totally blazing hot. There was another hand on top of mine. Someone held my hand, a guy and he was on fire.

 

I woke up. The dream was so real, my hand really felt burnt. Taking a deep breath I looked at my hand. Holy s**t, it was red. I didn’t scream, didn’t lose my calm. My hand flew to my face, checking for the wetness I’d imagined. Nothing. Too much to hope for. I didn’t have any feelings. I checked my marks they were still there, all of them. Still refusing to feel, I went through my dream…again.

 

I was clad in a long flowy dress. I had a mission on hand, I had to kill. It was a different century altogether. I had never worn a dress in my life before. Something told me this was me not some other person whose horrors I was living second hand. I had to find her. My mind screamed, ‘Destroy her now!’ I went round the castle searching. I was so guarded, knowing one mistake and I would be the one to die. I found her, carefree as always. Her carelessness would make her vulnerable. I changed form, became my true self, I shone. The witch looked up in surprise, she wasn’t expecting me. She thought I had been taken care of. She smiled scornfully ready for a fight, but she wasn’t going to get one. I had planned this. It was going to be her way this time. I wasn’t giving her time to rectify this time. I would just burn her soul and free him. After all I didn’t make the same mistake twice. I looked straight into her eyes and burnt her. I made her live through her horrors, her darkest fears, her wrong deeds… I made her see herself from someone else’s eyes. I burnt her soul. I was having fu. Though it hurt me too, I was crazed by the power I had. She was going to die. I was interrupted by a cry of help. A male voice was asking me to stop, was begging for mercy. Why was he concerned? The witch was paying for her evil deeds. She pointed at him and said something I couldn’t comprehend. Looks like I was hurting his girlfriend. I intensified my gaze, an evil smile on my face. She shrieked in pain. I was a little irritated by the boy, he was helpless yet he dared to anger me. He looked at me, begging for life. Why did he want to save her? She must have worked some of her dark magic on him. He could have her I just wanted her dark soul. I wavered by the boy’s pleas and looked away from the girl. That’s when I saw the fire. The boy was literally on fire yet there he stood totally calm. I knew him from somewhere and my chest hurt seeing him but I couldn’t understand why. He came closer and held my hand. I saw a smile creep on his face. I refused to look into his eyes and burn him too. I just closed my eyes and felt the heat as he burned my hand.

 

I opened my eyes, my hand red once again. I glanced around, looking for the shadows, knowing they were playing with my mind. It was them I was sure of it but the dream had felt so real and had such a strong sense of déjà vu. I had been there, done that. But when? I disregarded the feeling and blamed the ghosts for my dream. Why couldn’t they just kill me and be done with it? Why did they have to torture me everyday? Maybe they liked killing me slowly. Too bad I wasn’t affected anymore. I sighed and closed my eyes. The last thing I saw before I went to sleep were beautiful dark brown hair burning in the wind.



© 2014 Dark and Mysterious


Author's Note

Dark and Mysterious
I need a name for Dew's love interest.. Any suggestions??

PS she's straight!

(Jake, Alec, Dean??)

Please help!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You really got me involved. Great writing! Are you going to do more chapters?
As for a name, how about Jake:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dark and Mysterious

11 Years Ago

I've got so much work in school so the new chapters will be there but a bit slow...
Wow!! Really good! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


MORE MORE MORE!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Its amazing. Every sentence has its own power to make an image in your mind. Really amazing. I would agree with both Dominique and Phantom Rose: Alec is a cute name. Well done though. Keep writing. ^.^

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was so intense! So often dream sequences are annoying and mishandled, but this one just adds to the tension! Lovely chapter and great writing! And I agree with Dominique, Alec is a nice name!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dark and Mysterious

11 Years Ago

ty
Rose of Gondor

11 Years Ago

:D
Wow. That was beautiful. I love how the dream was something I could relate to, it gave the idea of what really happened in her life. Keep up the wonderful writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dominique

11 Years Ago

Alec sounds like he might be nice... but idk what each are like but that name is a good one.
Dark and Mysterious

11 Years Ago

m so going with that name
Dominique

11 Years Ago

Why I am glad I could help with the dicesion. Please continue writing. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2012
Last Updated on March 15, 2014


Author

Dark and Mysterious
Dark and Mysterious

Delhi, India



About
wanna know me?? good luck with that ;) more..

Writing