Suspicions Aroused

Suspicions Aroused

A Chapter by Dark and Mysterious

Alec it seemed out wasn’t that bad. He could actually rough it. Sam kept his

promise and the four of us set out. Jake, Alec, Sam and me. The rest were

too engrossed with the KABs who obviously wouldn’t venture out in their

high heels. We explored which turned out boring soon enough when we didn’t recognize anything. Though I loved extreme sports this wasn’t the place for it, so we played a bit of volleyball. And boy Alec can play, though not better than me. All in all I seemed to have fun and Alec well he seemed to fit right in. But not quite, there was something mysterious about him. The way he kept to himself and observed everyone from a safe distance like he could tell everything about them with a look. Sure he was easy to talk with if the guys started some conversation but I never really talked to him. He didn't want to volunteer information and even Dean knew little about him but he was okay I guess. He was probably a normal guy, a bit shy maybe but there was something that made him look suspicious to me.



So D ready to go home?” Jake asked me.



I rolled my eyes at him. There was no way I was going back to face her on a Sunday. No thank you I was better here. Didn’t he know that by now? I practically lived here. No I practically lived at Sam’s. That’s how all the talk about me and him started.



She’s staying right here with me,” Sam replied good naturedly. I smiled at him. He never seemed to care about it but I knew it had to hurt. Though probably he was more concerned about me than his own reputation. For all I knew he and his girlfriend, Lisa, were going strong. Maybe I’m the reason he doesn’t date anyone from school.



Hey Sam can Alec stay here too,” Dean asked.



My Eyebrows shot up. If he was his cousin, wouldn’t he live with him.



Isn’t he your brother?” Sam took the question right out of my mouth.



Na, just some guy. He’s not really from here, an old friend from when we were kids. He lived right next to my Nan’s house.”



Somehow I couldn’t bring myself trust this information. It seems Sam couldn’t either ‘cause he took Dean aside no doubt to make sure the guy was safe. Concerned for me, like always. I could feel someone’s gaze on me. I looked up to see Alec watching me curiously, like I would turn up into an animal any second and bite him. I raised an eyebrow at him. He shook his head and looked away. But I could still feel those forbidden eyes on my face. It didn’t matter if I was curious about him, his eyes were still a dangerous territory. Sam came back and nodded at me though he didn’t look too convinced. Guess he’s staying after all. This should be interesting. Usually we all stayed for the weekend but there was no way I would allow the KABs to stay here. Having been at this place was bad enough.



As far as Alec was concerned, he wasn't half as bad, except for the unexplained warning that shot in my head steering me away from his eyes or he nagging feeling I had around him. There was something about him and I needed to figure it out. I knew Alec still wanted something with me. I could still feel his gaze even though I was yet to look into his eyes. It was like those eyes held an unsolved mystery that was dangerous to me but would also answer many questions I have. I wanted to look into them and fish out his secrets but I was afraid to.



Too tired to do anything I went up to the bedroom. It never occurred to me that maybe I would not be sleeping here since the rest of them were gone. The room was huge and all of us piled up in here. The guys covered the king size bed while I used the king size couch. Sam was probably talking with Alec, fishing out his secrets. I thought about the distant look on Dean's face when he talked about Alec. He was convincing but not enough. Something was wrong with the guy. Sam came back looking a bit lost. When I asked about Alec he said he was staying in the other room and was perfectly fine. He didn't seem reserved about the guy anymore. Maybe it was all just in my head. I'm probably over-thinking it. Then there was the new problem. The one I hadn't thought about earlier. What about the sleeping arrangement. I didn't mind the couch, I usually slept on it anyway, it was huge and comfy but Sam thought it was unfair that he had the huge bed all to himself while I struggled on the couch. He didn't know what he talking about 'cause there was no way sleeping on it would be struggling but it was a lost cause. We stood there arms crossed, staring each other down, waiting for one of us to budge that's when Alec decided to enter.



Hey, can I have a....” He looked from me to Sam, obviously not expecting me to be there. Sam went from being bossy to being all awkward. Alec looked smug. Bet he had been listening to all that crap about us. Somehow his expression got on me and I went and plopped myself down on the bed so as tell him Yeah I'm staying right here and it's not your business whatsoever. But then I feel those eyes again. The forbidden eyes. I can feel his intense gaze and it’s all I can do not to look up and be lost into them forever. I look up though at his face with a tight expression. His humor has gone and he looks at me in that confused way that he looked at me earlier. Not sure what I wanted, what I did when I did, why I couldn’t meet his gaze.



Sam gives him some stuff to wear at night but hesitates at the door. He looks back to me wondering if he should go with Alec but then shuts the door. He gets in with me. I ordered him to. If I couldn’t get the couch then neither could he. And the bed was HUGE!! And he was my brother, I didn't care if Alec took it the wrong way. Plus I really have to talk to him. He is the only one who understands me and these days it feels like he is slipping away. The way we don't have anything to talk about anymore or the way he carefully avoids me. We lay there for a while. Neither speaking. Both taking a distant corner on the bed, deep in thought. When I couldn’t take it anymore I closed my eyes, willing for sleep to come. It seems he couldn’t too because a second later he said, “Why?”



I don’t know how to reply nor what he really means so I just lay there saying nothing.



Why D, we were inseparable, we told each other everything then why? Why did you shun me out? Why won’t you talk to me? I can handle it whatever it is. I wouldn’t take it out on anyone. I won’t hold anyone accountable. Just talk to me please…”



Silence.



You’re gone D. You’ve changed. It’s her isn’t it? I promise not to hate her though it’s hard not to. You won’t tell me but I can always guess. You’re not the playful, carefree girl I fell in love with anymore.”



More silence. I couldn’t tell him how much I wanted us to be all right not when I was the one causing this strain. To make myself numb to the pain I had to make myself numb to the love too. I had to say goodbye to my only family ‘cause I couldn’t keep him in pain anymore. It’s me who was damaged, me who had to figure things out and I had to do it alone. Sam loved me like I could never love him anymore. I used to but I had to shun my feelings out. The pain was too much. And it meant shunning him out too. What did he mean ‘fell in love with’ maybe wrong choice of words? I ignore them and make it clear to me that I don’t need him anymore. He was still waiting for an answer. But I refused to feel anything so I just turned my back to him and closed my eyes.



I’m still here you know,” he whispered. But I knew he had given up hope and even though I didn’t want him to he hated her for what she did to me. Without me ever giving him the details. With my back still to him I opened my tearless eyes and blinked at the ghost less ceiling. Not caring enough to wonder their whereabouts. Suddenly I feel a different kind of darkness surrounding me, one that makes my heart beat too fast. It’s not some ghost playing mind games. It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen, and it’s watching me. I can feel it creep up on my skin and I want so badly to go to Sam and tell him everything. But I can’t hurt him anymore. I can still feel that intense gaze and it’s directed from the darkness. I shut my eyes hard and grit my teeth, willing the image to go away. But I still feel cold and anxious but not brave enough to open my eyes. So I begin to drift off away from anywhere and the last thought I have is of the dark and mysterious Alec.





© 2014 Dark and Mysterious


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ooooooo!!! Suspense!!
I am just a tad bit confused about the plot.. Explain please!!!?? :)
Its really good though! I am enjoying the story so far!! But I was thinking who is she going to be with? Sam or Alec!! #Desperate!!
Keep going!
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dark and Mysterious

11 Years Ago

the plot is meant to be confusing sorry. Basically it's the story of Dew who has died once and can s.. read more
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Lol... its not boring but you definitely are cruel!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 10, 2012
Last Updated on March 15, 2014


Author

Dark and Mysterious
Dark and Mysterious

Delhi, India



About
wanna know me?? good luck with that ;) more..

Writing