Hallucinations of raspberry tea

Hallucinations of raspberry tea

A Story by Lamis
"

A journey into my hallucinating brain, Hop in!

"




They say the night is for writers and their raspberry tea so grab a cup and have a seat.  I was on the next bus to God knows where without bothering to see the driver or the color of his eyes I felt like the whole world was smiling at me so I kept my eyes closed, I needn't see otherwise. I had to go. That was it and the rest of the phrase was of no importance. I was the verb. And time and place were dimensions of no significance.

 

They say obsession is good, obsession is life.

And yes finding you seems like the impossible and maybe you're just in another dimension waiting and if I can find the loophole into your dimension or better yet the place where there is no paintbrush, no book and no melody of tomorrow, where there is no potential difference, no mountains, no inner journeys, no floating, no sinking and no you.. Just plain existence and raspberry tea.

 

They say refrain from everything you don't get, in other words refrain from life.

 

It scares me that we always arrive when it's too late, always wait till the clock's about to tick and even though he can barely see you, you have to be there and makeup for all those times you thought twice, watch him breathe and hear his heartbeats and make excuses, excuses for every time you weren't home because you were afraid of love. Now this is what you've become, just another last minute driver on his way to where he was supposed to be, on his way or lost his way and a siren is the last thing you thought would get you together but you are together and that's a relief and if you could travel down your thoughts to a smile but all you can see is weakness in bed telling you that wherever he goes he'll be okay and it's like he's someone else now, a stranger you're falling in love with.

 

So you claim you get life? Life has once more won and you sit here looking back at it, clapping at its wit confessing that it's bigger, far bigger than you. And we're all here each with his map, the map he has overwritten and messed up where he orbits around his destination because he can't see it through the scribbles and the shortest way was supposed to be a straight line, may all circles be damned, may all circles be damned.

 

And you convince yourself that those were nothing but the hallucinations of raspberry tea.

 

 

© 2013 Lamis


Author's Note

Lamis
A journey into my hallucinating brain, Hop in!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"They say obsession is good, obsession is life.
And yes finding you seems like the impossible and maybe you're just in another dimension waiting and if I can find the loophole into your dimension or better yet the place where there is no paintbrush, no book and no melody of tomorrow, where there is no potential difference, no mountains, no inner journeys, no floating, no sinking and no you.. Just plain existence and raspberry tea."
I love the way you write. I see many great writers in your words. The above lines are amazing and true. Obsession is okay if for the proper purpose. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry and allowing me into the hallucinating.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lamis

10 Years Ago

Pleasure having you inside my brain :))) Thank you Coyote, Thanks a lot!
Nice. :) This flows a bit like my thought process. XD Great job. (;

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lamis

10 Years Ago

Hahahah! yeah I figured our brains must be as messy and as spontaneous as that!
I liked the rambling sentences, the fragments, the back and forth...it felt like being in someones head. I also liked how you kept going back to the raspberry tea ...it felt like a marker in between reality vs illusion.


I was the verb. And time and place were dimensions of no significance. -- Great line.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lamis

10 Years Ago

I'm very flattered by this because when you said "someone's head" you were spot on! That was my busy.. read more
K. Louis

10 Years Ago

You're welcome!
not a clue to the swirling confusion of thoughts or whatever they are ... :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


WILDERNESS

10 Years Ago

well good luck to where ever u are heading; just dont eat anything from strangers :)
Lamis

10 Years Ago

Will keep that in mind haha!! :D
WILDERNESS

10 Years Ago

Yeah, catch you later; and do review my work , if you may

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2013
Last Updated on August 30, 2013

Author

Lamis
Lamis

Dresden, Muslim, Germany



About
I'm a soul that loves to stand out, loves to see things from different angles.. :) Life fascinates me with it's magical twists! I believe in magic.. The magic that lies within our God-given souls! .. more..

Writing
Finger tips Finger tips

A Story by Lamis


To Existence To Existence

A Story by Lamis



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lies Lies

A Poem by CindyLu