Dear fate

Dear fate

A Story by Lamis

Dear fate,

 

I really don't know what you have in mind, ever since I got here I've tried to draw your pattern on my wall but no use, you always bring along the strangest of gifts and without your "Don't throw away" notes they might have ended up in the trash. They've warned me of writing to the infamous fate but I had to take my chances and even though I can't define you, we are somewhat alike; I have a hard time defining myself too. I've mailed you my wish-lists and you've always sent stuff I couldn't recognize and without a manual they were, I had to file a complaint because there was always a mistake. I remember the eraser you gave me, the stranger who taught me how to use it and the lady who smiled at me for no reason, I guess she probably received one of your erasers too.

And there you go again with those strange gifts showing at my door.

That creature, we barely get along, he has a goofy smile, I hate him like I've never hated anyone (but I do want to see him again and I have no idea why). And it all tastes like 2 strange dishes put together, you will probably end up with a stomach ache (but you can't help but hide under your bed and eat it all up and crave more all night). And I push him away, close the door, lock it and put my closet behind it and he shows up at my window and yes he frequently gets on my nerves and I can't stand him, I can't look at him but I guess it's because he doesn't know what he's worth, if he could only see himself in my eyes, if he could only see his smile from my side, if he only knew I leave the window open on purpose. Oh fate, when I first wrote this I was going to inquire about the return policy but now I must go because there's someone at my window.

 

© 2013 Lamis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A tender dialogue of a woman, fighting against the perils and surprises that life likes to give out at every turn and corner. I had to read it twice to really comprehend and appreciate what you are saying. Noble and beautiful, different from everything else. Sharp writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


"Oh fate, when I first wrote this I was going to inquire about the return policy but now I must go because there's someone at my window."
Life is fair. Can't return all things. Sometime you must learn to live with them. I like the thoughts and the strong ending to the excellent short story.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lamis

10 Years Ago

Yes there is no return policy here I assume :) Glad you liked it!
I really like this one, it's got good humor in it, but it also is about something a bit more serious. I love how nicely you penned this, and all the little details you put in. :)
Keep writing!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lamis

10 Years Ago

It isn't like anything I've written before so it please me you liked it. Thank you thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2013
Last Updated on September 2, 2013

Author

Lamis
Lamis

Dresden, Muslim, Germany



About
I'm a soul that loves to stand out, loves to see things from different angles.. :) Life fascinates me with it's magical twists! I believe in magic.. The magic that lies within our God-given souls! .. more..

Writing
Finger tips Finger tips

A Story by Lamis


To Existence To Existence

A Story by Lamis



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lies Lies

A Poem by CindyLu