August 26, 1451

August 26, 1451

A Chapter by One Lost Anti-Hero

“Don’t eat me!” I yelled as I awoke from my slumber. I was on the floor covered with a blanket barely able to cover me, and then noticed a small little girl lying on the floor with nothing covering her. “This must have been hers’, poor thing.” I placed the blanket on the girl and tried to find anything to warm her up; the room was nearly empty all except hay and a wire hanging on the wall. “Why is she living in such a filthy place?” I picked up the girl and held her close to me hoping that it would be enough to heat up the girl, but as I reached for her I noticed that my arms were scrawny. I nervously examined myself and realized that I too was no less than twelve years old. “Okay so I am a twelve year old boy; rough estimate, with a young girl who looks like a battered servant and locked in what presume is a servant’s home.”

“Achoo.” The girl was shivering like he was earlier. “Please don’t hurt me anymore. I just want to live so please don’t kill me.” Tears ran down her cheek as she whispered her plea for help. I wrapped the blanket around the girl tightly before taking off my uniform and covering her with it.

“I’m surprised that my clothes shrank with me though.” I thought as I tried to think of a way to get home, but everything turned out related to that woman. “Only way I’m going back is to find that girl and make her take me back. I might as well ask her to help out this little girl too.” For now I’ll watch over this girl until I could find a good family for the girl.

“Wake you little brat its time you clean the house!” A woman wearing a lot of jewelry and makeup busted through the door and grabbed the girl by her ear. I was appalled at what I was seeing. The girl struggled to get out of the woman’s grasp. Her face expressed extreme shock and pain as I found myself blinded by my own rage. “You don’t deserve sleep until you clean every inch of this house.”

“Get away from her you monster!” He ran over and pulled the girl away from the witch. “What kind of person pulls a person from their sleep especially to a child?” I was beyond furious at the woman for harming the child, so I pushed the little girl behind me blocking any attempt that the woman had to snatch the girl.

“Person? What do you mean all I see are two servants that are about to be punished for disobedience. You should choose your next words carefully or you’ll end up like those people outside.” Her menacing tone made me even more ready to sock this woman in the jaw.

“Um don’t try to help me. I am only going to cause trouble for you so please don’t try to protect me.” The little girl whispered in my ear while tightly holding his shoulder.

“Don’t lie to yourself. I hate people who don’t say what they mean. No person who lives like this can just accept it without any kind of resistance.” I whispered to her while keeping a close eye on the lady.

“But…”

“Just listen to me and I will find a way to get you out of here.”

“Hey kids, if you may not have noticed this, but let me remind you something; you’re my servants so get back to work!” She yelled furiously at us as her voice was fierce like an iron pan burning our ears. I was even angrier than I was before; my face began to brighten like a red volcano about to explode. I opened my mouth to warn the woman to not speak at us like that, but before I could say a thing the girl grabbed my mouth with her hand. I noticed a man at the door way staring at us making strange hungry like eyes at the girl. He licked his lips while smiling at me as if he wanted to get rid of me. I trembled at the sight of the man and decided being silent for the moment would be my best option. I couldn’t really see his face because it was behind the woman; but that smile was more than enough to see his true intent.

“Yes ma’am. I’m sorry for his behavior. I think he might still be sick so please forgive this boy for his actions. I will do his work for today so please don’t punish him.” She spoke like a person who has accepted all that has faced her.

“Much better, you better teach that boy some respect or I’ll get the council involved.” The lady turned around about to leave the door, but before she did she glanced at me with a disturbed look on her face. It reminded me of people who would sit in the streets waiting for food or trying to get a job at the plant.

“Understood madam.” The girl lowered her head as the woman finally left leaving the two alone once again. The girl turned around to examine him closely grabbing my head and leaned in touching my forehead with hers. “You’re not sick that’s good. You shouldn’t attract attention from that woman or we’ll both get into trouble.” The girl didn’t look like she was affected by the woman at all. She gave me a content smile before asking for my name.

“Francais Godwin, Nice to meet you what’s yours?” The girl stared at her feet hesitating to respond. “You’ve got to have a name, right?”

“I’ve been only called servant girl. My parents died when I was young and that woman took me in to be her slave. I had a sister but she disappeared, so I was never given a name.” I unconsciously gave her a hug startling her. I no longer cared for returning to the ship, but rather I wanted to help this soul. I didn’t feel a single ounce of pity for her, but rather the sense of duty. I wanted to help her be able to help herself and escape this wretched world, that was all.

“Did you know that my mother said that I should help girls whenever I have the opportunity? I will definitely help you get out of here. Shall I give you a name?”

“Really?! You’re not joking right?” She seemed excited to hear me speak to her so kindly.

“Let me think.” He closed his eyes trying to think of a name, but it was surprisingly difficult. His face was all cringed and he held his skull trying to come up with a good name. “The only names I can think of are, Sylvia and Alberta. Assuming that this is some place in Japan so Sylvia and Alberta would sound weird, but would be strange as well.” I thought.

“It’s okay you don’t have to try that hard. You don’t have to call me anything, so just relax.” She held my hand trying to calm me down for a bit, but I was already in my super focused state. “What would be a good name?

“Hey how does Tamano-no-Mae sound?’ I decided to go with the name that heard from that woman.

“Tamano-no-Mae? It sounds funny like a disgusting medicine.” She looked steamed puffing out her cheeks and staring at me with her tomato like face.

“Sorry I couldn’t think of any good names for you sorry.” I felt bad that I couldn’t think of a normal name for her.

“Its fine Franchais, it’s not that bad. Tamano-no-Mae, huh. Can it be just Tama since it’s easier to say?”

“Sure, why not and its Francais by the way.”

Tama giggled as she gave me a kiss on the cheek. Her smile overwhelmed and at the same time was able to ease me from all the events that had transpired. My face burned up before looking at the window trying to avoid her captivating gaze; however she held my hand tighter making me turn back. Tama had tears in her eyes waiting for as I tried to look at her face making me remember my sister back in the US. “Promise that you’ll be with me forever. If you don’t then you have to swallow two thousand nails.”

“I’ll try my best to keep it.”

“No! Don’t try to do it, just do it for me.” I agreed to the promise even though I knew that I was going to have to return to my home someday.

“Maybe I’ll take her with me when the time comes. At least she seems to understand what it means to keep a friend.” I thought as a loud slam on the door interrupting the two and made them rush at the door.

“Get to work.” As Francais held this young girl in his arms that he just named; he realized that he’ll have to hide his pride in the depths of his being until it is the right time to unleash them.



© 2015 One Lost Anti-Hero


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on January 16, 2015
Last Updated on March 15, 2015


Author

One Lost Anti-Hero
One Lost Anti-Hero

TX



About
I'm just a person that can be described in very few words. Shy, simple, and human are just to name a few. I like to put on a mask and use various personalities to try to make things as relaxing If we .. more..

Writing