Is She The One?

Is She The One?

A Chapter by One Lost Anti-Hero

 Her name is Mizuzu Arturia. She has snow white hair and lives with her brother. She’s a unique person at least that’s what her brother Ed always tells her, but never tells her why. She was usually told to avoid other people and not to get into anything personal because they are bad for me, but I still don’t know why, however he is her only family so I didn’t to make him sad. Mizuzu has asked him many times for an answer and every time he just pats her on the head and tells her, “No matter what I’ll protect you.” Being in the dark isn’t so bad, but it doesn’t feel good to left out either she always thought. Ed always had to work during the day so she never sees him until its dark, so to relieve her boredom she walks around the nearby beach a lot since it’s refreshing and has the most beautiful sunset you’ve ever seen. Mizuzu doesn’t know what her brother does for a living or much of what he does during the day, but she loves to walk with my Ed’s friend Mary; however she’s been sick recently which is odd since normally people don’t get ill.

It was about one o’ clock in the afternoon when Mizuzu got a call which is strange since they never told anyone their number. Half awake she decided to pick it up when loud man screaming in the background, she stayed quiet because Mizuzu was too scared to say anything, but then she heard Mary whisper. “Hello is anyone there.”

“Hello.” She responded before she asked why Mary had called. She told me that she had a few minutes to spare so she had to speak quickly. The call was filled with static and Mizuzu couldn’t understand a thing she said. Her body felt constrained by ignorance as the voice was slowly speaking

“Listen Mizucho, I need you … go to the beach… today and … a boy okay. He is the son of a… friend … nice to him.”

“But why do I have to go.” Mizuzu said while she started to worry since Mary was never this frantic about anything.

“Mizudi I'm sorry, but I have to go now.” Mary sounded somewhat happy, but Mizuzu could hear the pain in her heart as the phone ended. Her brain started to run wild with questions because of amount of missing information.

“Why was Mary asking me for this? How am I supposed to see to a boy without breaking my promise with Ed? Why was I the only one kept in the dark on all this?” Frustrated and a little confused she decided to head towards the beach to complete the task. “I’ll tell him my first name and stay quiet the entire time.” Mizuzu told herself as she put on her casual dress and nervously headed towards the beach. “Wait what if he is a bad guy? What if he tries to kidnap me and separate me from my brother?” These thoughts spun in her repeating one after another.

The beach roared with the crashing waves as the wind blew a gentle salty wind. It was a relaxing place to be because not a lot of people go to see the ocean. Mizuzu stood near a tree on the outskirts of the beach looking for the boy, but after a couple of minutes of hearing the ocean Mizuzu decided to carefully walk to the beach. Then Mizuzu saw him appear holding a camera, so she slowly crept forward trying to stay out of sight, but wanted to get a better look at him. Mizuzu couldn’t breathe looking at this boy who had a red shirt and khaki shorts. He looked like a child making it hard for her to hold in her laughter.

“I’ll see why he’s here and then leave immediately.” Mizuzu thought as she hid tried to stay out of sight watching the strangely dressed boy.

“If you’re going to spy on someone at least do a good job and stay out of sight.” The boy yelled at the empty beach then turned to look straight in my direction.

“How did he know I was here?! What do I do I can’t run away because he knows I’m here and I can’t hide either? Maybe I can sneak away while he’s not looking.” Mizuzu frantically thought.

“Are you even listening to me?” The boy somehow got behind Mizuzu and grabbed her hand making the girl flinch in surprise. Mizuzu tried to pull her hand away and run away, but was stopped by a rock in the sand. To be honest running toward the beach wasn’t the brightest idea. She scuffs her knee and desperately wanted Ed to come to help, but he was working what could she do?

“Why do I have to be here or why is he here in the first place.” She asked herself silently.

“You’re a strange one aren’t you?” The boy lifted Mizuzu off her feet and took her to the dock. He held her gently, but the girl was restless.

“He’s going to drown me! I have to get away.” Mizuzu thought as she struggled to get away. “I have to run now before he does something bad to me or at least stall for Ed to arrive.” Mizuzu moved violently as the boy calmly held her firmly without even breaking a sweat. “This is bad he is too strong for me to get free.” Then she thought of a brilliant idea, “If I bite him then he will release me and I’ll make my grand escape.” She smiled at the thought of her ingenious plan. She opened her mouth to bite his arm but…

“Bite me and I’ll break your jaw in half.” Mizuzu stopped herself thinking that losing her mouth could be trouble. She was trembling in his arms trying not to aggravate the situation. The boy finally put her down at the edge of the dock and reached into his pocket as she tried to think of a new plan.

He pulled out a handkerchief and held it over her wound telling her too sit still. “Is he going to knock me out to abuse my body and sell me to those bad men brother always spoken of?” He grabbed her arm, but she resisted his actions. “I don’t want to be sold to bad people!” She yelled.

“What are you talking about woman? I’m not to hurt you ok; I’m just fixing this wound. If you keep making it difficult to clean it the wound will kill, you idiot.” The handkerchief glowed bright orange as her wound began to heal itself, she noticed how warm it felt as if someone was holding her in her arms. The boy sighed as he watches the girl transition her face from her different thought processes. “Why do you make such strange faces?” He asked aloud.

“What faces?” She was absolutely clueless which made it harder for the boy to believe that someone like her has lived this long. “In any case, you know magic that’s so cool because I’ve never seen anyone use it before.” Mizuzu realized that she had just spoken to him a few seconds after she yelled it out. “It doesn’t feel that bad why does my brother wants me to avoid people? Maybe this guy is an exception to the rules because he knows Mary somehow.” The boy stood watching her make strange facial expression as she processed her thoughts.

“Name please?” He asked.

“What.” Mizuzu didn’t understand him. “I wonder whose name he is asking for. Maybe he’s curious about Ed or Mary.” She thought “Edward Arturia and Mary, Nice to meet you.”

He sighed again feeling exhausted talking to her. “What is your name?” He said in the rudest way possible, but she didn’t understand his insult. He was tired of this girl, but he had an ominous feeling that something was seriously off about her which made him more curious. “Can I get your name or is it Edward Arturia Mary, which is one hell of a name.”

Her face flustered as she turned away from him. “How could I have been so dumb? He was asking for my name which was obvious. Why did I think that he was asking for them?”

“Well, are you going to tell me or not because I can’t believe your name is Edward.” He leaned in close to her face their eyes meeting trapped within a continuous strand of confusion.” Her heart was beating faster than her brain could follow as he gently grabbed her hand. His face moved beside her; his mouth just inches from her face. “What… is… your…name…princess?”

“M-mi mi mi” Her lips were shaking as everything began to slow down. Mizuzu had never been approached like this by a person before. She sat there trying to say her name, but she couldn’t. Her mouth felt frozen as she continued to stammer trying to say the name. “Why is this so hard?” She thought.

“Mimi? What a strange name.”

“No! M-mizu.” Finally her lips began to work again, but only for a bit.

“Mizu?”

She took one last deep breath before yelling. “It’s Mizuzu!”

The boy chuckled as he watched her try to say her name at him. “If you keep this up then I might just fall for you. I don’t know why, but you’re a very interesting lady.”

“Did he just call me a lady? I’m only fourteen how could I be counted as a lady.”

The boy took two photos of them sitting together and one of the beaches; then he gave her one of the photo of her. “If you ever need anything just come to my house it’s about a five minute walk from here and has a yellowish exterior.

“What are you doing to my sister?” A threatening voice appeared from behind them. A shadowy figure stood at the docks looking at the boy with an intense glare.

“What do want with me?” The boy grinned at the figure watching him closely.

The two glared at each other making causes the waves to crash shaking the docks foundation. From the instant they saw each other they could tell they weren't going to get along.

“I should probably stop this.” Mizuzu thought. “Brother why are you so late.” She said as she puffed out my cheeks in anger.

“Sorry, I had to do something.” His tension quickly disappeared as he smiled and patted her on the head.

They left the boy on the dock and started to head home as Mizuzu realized that maybe not all things her brother said were true.

As they neared the city Mizuzu saw a box lying on the ground with two kittens inside covering each other for warmth. She reached for the kittens, but was told by Ed to leave them alone since they could take care of themselves. Even so she wanted to help them so she stuffed them under her dress and held them close so he won’t be able to notice. Edwards didn't like animals, but Mizuzu knew that what she was doing was right.

“I will save these kittens from the terrors of forest because I have to protect them no matter what the cost.” She thought as they got closer to the city. Edward told her to go directly home because he was going shopping for groceries. She agreed to do so, but had a different plan in mind.

“I’m going to take these kittens to Mary so she can help me find a home for them.” Mizuzu smiled like a child as she ran into an alley way, hoping to find Mary’s apartment, but had gotten lost instead. She instantly turned around to leave, but was stopped by a mob of men. There were six in total each staring at her with lewd eyes as they smelled of alcohol. She tried back away only to run into a dead end. She looked around for a chance to run, but couldn’t because the cats struggling. The tallest one grabbed her right arm and forced it above her head denying any chance of escape. The alley seemed darker as she stood there struggling to get away, but he was to strong. Mizuzu heart started to pound against her chest and this startled the cats, “Let go of me.” She yelled at them hoping that they would obey, but they didn't.

“Hey isn't this that brat’s sister.” The tall one said to his group.

“Yea I think she is.” The thinnest one said to the leader.

The kittens slipped out of her dress and ran out into the city. “What do I do?” Mizuzu realized that she couldn't fight back so she decided to try to trick them.

“Who do you think you’re talking to?! (Someone help me.) I don’t think that messing with the sister of a noble clan is very wise. (Someone hurry.) If you don’t back off my family will come after you and you’ll regret ever meeting me.” She couldn't think of anything to say and was left with the unfazed men. The group began to laugh at her clearly calling her bluff and challenging for it.

“Then why don’t you tell me the name of your clan or something about your relatives.”

She stood there in shock as the men began to close in with each passing second. Suddenly a gust of wind blew through the alley and began to fill with black sand-like aura. It grabbed the men forcing them to kneel as a boy strolled past them holding the kittens in his hand. She couldn't make out his face since the sun faced the away from her and covered the alley in a shadow. He walked up to her with his dark presence telling her to follow him, but his voice sounded very familiar.

“I have questions for you Mizuzu Arturia follow with me.” The leader managed to break free from the chains, but the others were not as fortunate. The man stood watching the boy to see what he would do. The boy glanced at the leader for a second before quickly turning back to her repeating the question.

“Will you come with me and answer my questions or not.” She stood at a loss of words, trembling at the sight of this strange boy.

“The Mysterious boy or the creepy men; W-what do I do in this situation?!” She knew that the boy probably wouldn't hurt her, but wasn't allowed to follow people she didn't know.

“Oh my, you managed to hurt yourself again. Are you a walking disaster waiting to happen or something?” He grabbed her hand gently and put his palm around her wrist as a green light lit the alleyway.

“You’re the magician boy!” She yelled startling the boy and forcing him to back off.

“Would you stand still and be quiet so I can heal you. I need to focus or I’ll mess up the spell and then we’ll really be in trouble.” She followed his instruction, but noticed the leader charge forward with a knife in his hand. His eyes filled with anger as targeted the boy. She wanted to warn him, but didn't want to mess up the spell so she stood frantically closed her eyes. “By the way my name is Tenshi.” A loud yell, followed by and bolt of electricity was echoed inside the alley. The men watched their leader cry for help, but none was present. The air smelt of burned skin as Mizuzu opened one eye to see what had happened and saw that Tenshi held the man’s head in his palm as the person’s body stood lifeless. “Now is there anyone else want to stop me?” He didn't even look at the group, but he knew that they had been obedient nonetheless. He threw the man to the ground continued to heal her. Mizuzu knew she had to get away from this boy because he wasn't normal he killed that man without hesitation, so there is no way he could be good. He held her hand and began to take her out of the alley. She wanted to resist, but she was too scared of this boy and didn't want to end up like that man. She was being pulled somewhere she didn't know and desperately wanted her brother to help.

“Where are you brother? This isn't the time to be shopping for food, but to save me.” She thought. Tenshi held her hand for about an hour as they walked through the crowds. Mizuzu felt as if she was pelted by the stares of the masses of people as they walked through the streets. They made her feel cold as if she was something that shouldn't be here. As she trudged behind him Tenshi noticed that she had lowered her head and faint tears ran down her cheek, somehow he felt very annoyed and wanted to do something about it, but at the same time he had to figure out something.

“Protect the two Tenshi.” He remembered his mother had said. “Is this what you meant mother?” He thought aloud.

“Huh?” She wondered what he meant.

“It’s nothing. Hey you don’t like these people do you?” Mizuzu shook her head left and right giving a clear no.

“I guess I don’t have a choice even though I’m exhausted.” He turned around and walked behind her. The crowds watched the two studying their movements anticipating what they’ll do next. A woman who was secretary for Tenshi father walked up to him, it was Nancy, who wore a business suit and had visited him before when he was a child, but personally he was never fond of her. She tried to pull Tenshi away from Mizuzu to talk to him.

“Tenshi would you mind coming with me for a moment?” Tenshi stood in place not budging at all. He could sense something was wrong and had a feeling that if he left her alone he would lose his only clue to the mystery.

“I refuse.” He held Mizuzu closely in his arms and the dark sand began to engulf the two. Mizuzu face turned bright red as she was shocked by what was happening, so she opened her mouth to scream, but was stopped by Tenshi. The sand was calm while circling the two, but was able to block all sight of the townsfolk. She allowed the sand to hold her in its grasp as it was soothing like a mother holding a child in its arm.

“Don’t worry I won’t allow them to hurt you. At least not until I figure things out.” As the sand began to clear itself they arrived at an ordinary residential home.

“W-where are we?” Mizuzu asked.

“My house, wait did you just ask me something? I guess you can make your own decisions after all.” They arrived in front of his home within seconds of his teleportation.

“O-of course I can. It’s just that my brother told not to because other people are bad.” He stood in awe, but at the same time wasn't as surprised with all the things that had happened. They went inside the home silently; Tenshi directed her to the couch as he went into his mother’s room and took a comb from his mother’s drawer.

“She’s probably doesn’t interact with much people, besides that is her brother that protective or is something else behind it? Even so there must be a reason the town would react that way with her presence alone. This is really strange.” Tenshi thought as he brushed her hair since it looked as if hasn't been cared for in a while. He told her make herself at home and go shower while he would make something for her to eat.

“I’m i n a house with a boy I barely know. What if he one of those lechers that Ed has always talked about or he is child salesman.” Mizuzu laid in the tub thinking about the situation she was in. Her train of thought was interrupted by Tenshi calling her to eat and as soon as she caught a whiff of the food she forgot all about her troubles and ran to the kitchen. To her surprise there was an assortment of pasta’s just for her. Tenshi was covering his eyes at the sight of the girl.

“Would you please put on some clothes? Go ahead dig in.” She managed to hold herself back long enough to run inside the bathroom and hastily put on her dress, then ask why he wasn't eating. “I don’t like to eat since my body is able to produce its own energy by the surrounding environment, like a plant, but my mother insisted that there are people who rely on eating and if I were to meet one I must be a good host and cook for them. Congratulations you’re my first guest.”

Mizuzu was shocked by the taste of the cuisine and her mind quickly settled as she ate more and more. Tenshi only drank a cup of juice as he watched the food disappear bit by bit. When all the food was gone the girl demanded seconds and Tenshi was amazed that a dinner for two was eaten by one girl.

“I can make more, but you just ate a dinner for two, so are you really still hungry?” He nervously said as he watched the girl stare deeply into his eyes.

“More!” She yelled lunged towards him. Now eye to eye he knew something was off about this situation, so he stood up and headed back to the kitchen to prepare more food, but as he was cleaning the dishes he took a look out the window above the sink.

“First clue she is very bossy when it comes to food. Pretty useless knowledge, but better than none I suppose.” The moon was looking down upon him and he realized how calm it was as if nothing had changed in the world, but it was upsetting. It filled him with grief as the memories of his mother slowly brought themselves back into his mind. As he cut sliced the lettuce he started to feel tears role down his cheek as he remembered what she used to tell him about the perfect way to cook.



© 2015 One Lost Anti-Hero


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

155 Views
Added on March 14, 2015
Last Updated on March 15, 2015


Author

One Lost Anti-Hero
One Lost Anti-Hero

TX



About
I'm just a person that can be described in very few words. Shy, simple, and human are just to name a few. I like to put on a mask and use various personalities to try to make things as relaxing If we .. more..

Writing