Introductions

Introductions

A Chapter by One Lost Anti-Hero
"

Please give me your honest opinions and faults that you find with this story. Anything from structural points or even grammatical errors would be appreciated. Thank to whom ever read this story.

"

“T-thirteen more seconds.” A boy stands in the middle of an enormous arena as a young woman his age swings her blades at him. He body was battered and beaten to the point that he could not run. She beats him with her hilt before slamming his face down onto the ground. The boy was unarmed so he couldn't fight back and just accepts all the punishment dealt to him. Blood soaks his body as he tries to regain his footing. He holds his arm even though it has already been broken. “Five...more...seconds.” He was gasping for air with each breath as his vision was about to slip. The crowd roared louder dropping him to his knees as the readied her attack.

“Lets finish this!” The girl was seventeen years old and daughter of this beloved kingdom. It was very distinct considering the audience were yelling her name. She charged at him with the thirst of a hunter readying both her blades at him. She swung at his neck and the crowd surrounding them erupted. He jumped back barely missing the blade, but the second strike was coming even faster than the first. he couldn't dodge this attack nor take it on head on. What will he do?

“Enough!” A man wearing a black suit stood inside his secure box yelled. His voice echoed throughout the stage and the arena was dead silent. The woman holding the blade mere inches from his throat held it in place.

“But father I can end him.” Her grip on her blade tightened as she grit her teeth.

“You dare oppose me!”

“No, I apologize father.” The girl knelt down lowering her head.

“Time has run out. Let it go back to the outside walls.” The boy fumbled to his feet and headed towards the exit. The people around him were unrelenting as they began to pelt him with anything within their reach. Rocks, food and even shoes were slamming against him from every direction with no end. Each step for him was another one closer to the darkness. The darkness wasn't just a feeling, it was trapping him in its everlasting nothingness. By the time he reached the exit he was ready to faint. He limped to the exit where two guards wouldn't even look at him. They just put on gloves and one of them threw him outside the arena.

“Man I'm gonna have to burn these clothes cause of that thing.” Said one guard.

“At least you didn't have to touch it. I have to take a decontamination shower cause of it.” He heard behind him. The boy stood up and started walking towards the end hugging the wall as he tried to not faint. He hated this feeling more than anything these True idiots could do. This pathetic feeling in his chest that was swirling his organs in an hurricane of emotions. If only he was stronger, if only he had something to fight back, and if only he had one to help him. When he met the end of the dark hall he felt a bright light devouring the nothingness that consumed him.

“Yo Urihi.” His light was there standing before him like a pillar of strength wiping his emotions clean. There stood his someone.

“Hey Sano.” He fell losing control, but was caught immediately. She smothered him with her chest and held him gently in her arms.

“Urihi I told you to call me Mom remember.” Sano brushed his hair as she notice a distinct droplets fell onto her breast. "You did splendid sweetie."

"I did? All I did was get beat up by Amity again. She almost got me at the end." He trailed off.

A bright warm light surrounded Urihi and Sano making his pain and exhaustion fade away instantly.

"Don't worry sweetie you'll be home soon." He passed out before he could reach his home. They appeared in front of a cottage and Sano carried him on the bed. She sat on the bed beside him and tucked him into his bed. She saw every wound, bruise and cut on his body and each one gave a good stab into her chest. His muscles torn, his right arm broken beyond belief and cuts almost reaching his bones.

“You worked hard didn't you? If only it wasn't for someone like me. If only you didn't have to be the one in that place. If I could be there protecting you then I could earn that right to be your mother.” She held Urihi arm on her face and burst into tears. A bright aura came from her tears and it gathered its way into her palm. The glow spread from her arms to Urihi's body and all of his wounds were beginning to heal slowly. His bones were snapping back in place, his deep cuts were closing not letting a single dust particle in and his bruises disappeared all together. After hours of sitting beside him Sano fell asleep as soon as all of Urihi's wounds healed.

“S-sano?” Urihi groggily woke up smiling for the second time today; the first is when he awoke to his mother's sweet honey bread this morning. “Thanks Ma, but you really need to learn to sleep on the bed.” He lifted his mother putting her on the bed, stretched his limbs wondering what he should do next, but then out the window he noticed that the sun was in the center of the sky. He saw a wild pig and a large eagle outside trying to mess with the garden his mother made. “Time to get lunch ready.” He licked his lips before jumping out the window.




© 2015 One Lost Anti-Hero


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are a few grammar mistakes...one example would be the last sentence of the first paragraph.
Is'nt it a question...?
I got the impression that the narrator was describing too much at once, try to ease into the story a bit slower! I loved the story, the characters were interesting.
Urihi confused me a bit near the end with the eagle and boar...

Posted 8 Years Ago


One Lost Anti-Hero

8 Years Ago

Alright thank you for the criticism I changed it quite a bit since after I posted it so I changed it.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2015
Last Updated on May 22, 2015


Author

One Lost Anti-Hero
One Lost Anti-Hero

TX



About
I'm just a person that can be described in very few words. Shy, simple, and human are just to name a few. I like to put on a mask and use various personalities to try to make things as relaxing If we .. more..

Writing