one

one

A Chapter by Laur
"

meet Lilly

"
Then
I feel my cold cheek hit his shockingly warm palm as I breathed in a mouthful of icy air. Looking into his smoky, deep eyes was hypnotizing me. We stood at the steps of my small country house. I shuffled my feet as I tried to fathom what had just been asked. 
"Well aren't you going to kiss me?" He let out with the utmost confidence. 
Without reply, impressed with his smooth tone, I leaned in until I felt my nervous lips find his. For the first time, I got that feeling; the feeling that they describe in every book, movie and poem. My stomach twirled in the best way possible. I felt him slowly breathe into me as he began to pull away. It was almost as if he wanted to to come back for more. 
"Goodnight Lilly" I watched his lips as if I could imagine what they looked like pressed against mine. I snapped out of my childish trance.
"Goodnight Dylan" I felt all the pink rushing to my face as I turned to get into my house before I ruined this perfect moment. That was the night I knew I was in trouble. 
 
Now
There are days when I wake up extremely content with my life; then there are the scattered days when everything seems so utterly off balance. I stare into the mirror and I'm not entirely sure who this empty girl is looking back at me anymore. Although putting on a show was always my unhealthy specialty, I was beginning to get tired of the believable act. 
"Lilly get up it is eight already!" I heard my roommate shout as I cracked my eyelids open, just to shut them again and quickly come to terms with the fact that class wasn't going to happen today. I could tell by the distance of her shout that she was still in her bed as well.
"Ash, lets not go" I had this best friend control over her that when this suggestion was brought to the table, she listened. 
"Lil, its monday.." She opened my door and crawled under my covers sluggishly. 
"Exactly" I groaned as she snuggled up to me and let out a sigh of defeat.
"Fine, I hate you though."  I win.
After we lazily slept for another three hours, we ventured out to fill our empty stomachs. We had this problem with skipping breakfast and going right into lunch. It was becoming routine. 
"So Dylan emailed me after work." I let out. This was clearly the reason for me not being able to get out of bed this morning.
"What." Ashley's head shot right up as he mouth hung open with her rice almost falling right back onto her plate. 
"Yeah, another check in. How are you? Hows school? Hows everybody and their f*****g mother?" I felt my stomach feel sick again. 
"Lil, stop responding, that's not healthy. Every time he does this you go straight back into your funk."  There was my best friend and her voice of reason that hit every time; like a brick into my gut. 
"How can I not? I'm trying to be civil. We want to be friends." I spooned a mouthful of potatoes into my mouth. Comfort food was my go-to. This may be the reason I'm a solid ten pounds heavier than last year.
"Shut up with that friend s**t before I hit you. Three years of him was enough" she was never afraid to tell me what she really thought. Sometimes I wanted her to lie to me. 


© 2014 Laur


Author's Note

Laur
I missed writing. College got me too busy. But i needed a release, so I began again. Please give any feedback you have :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! Chapter one was pretty awesome and captivating. "Then" was powerful and "now" was more casual. All together it made a perfect blend. I would love to read the next chapters! Also, could you review my writing? I'm really new to this site, but would love your feedback! Thanks, xCattyChicx

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laur

10 Years Ago

Thank you! and of course. I'll be posting another chapter tonight :)



Reviews

nice narration. smooth and utterly believable.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Interesting piece of work and I totally enjoyed

Posted 10 Years Ago


Laur

10 Years Ago

thank you! there are a few more chapters and im putting up another tonight :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ANM
Down to earth and gritty, right away the characters seem believable well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Laur

10 Years Ago

thank you so much, please keep reading :)
ANM

10 Years Ago

Keep writing and i will keep reading :)
It's great! I watched it play out in my head like a movie. Keep it up please I'd like to read more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Laur

10 Years Ago

Thank you :) I want it to be as vivid as possible! I write a chapter just about every night so pleas.. read more
Brilliant. I DEFINITELY want to know what is happening here and how it all came about. Give me more

Posted 10 Years Ago


Laur

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! there will be more tonight :)
Wow! Chapter one was pretty awesome and captivating. "Then" was powerful and "now" was more casual. All together it made a perfect blend. I would love to read the next chapters! Also, could you review my writing? I'm really new to this site, but would love your feedback! Thanks, xCattyChicx

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laur

10 Years Ago

Thank you! and of course. I'll be posting another chapter tonight :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 3, 2014
Last Updated on January 3, 2014


Author

Laur
Laur

MA



About
26 and a little lost but I have my cats more..

Writing
Let go Let go

A Poem by Laur


Heat Heat

A Poem by Laur


Burden Burden

A Poem by Laur