Cancer Shock

Cancer Shock

A Chapter by Chipgirl
"

Susan finds out...

"

Oh I want to go home. Not be in this stupid place. I’m in my doctor’s surgery. As usual the room looks bland, unloved. The beige is wallpaper starting to peel, the carpet smells century's old. Charming, just charming.  Wow i wish my doctor could just hurry up and just tell me. This waiting is the worst part i have to keep telling myself it will be ok. This is such BULL!!! If everything was fine i would be out of here and he would at least have a smile on that charming face of his.

I only came here a while ago for a strange mole on me. Everyone told me to get it checked out. “Better safe than sorry they said.” Well look at me now. Doctor Green is sitting in the chair opposite from mine and is just silent. I search into those his big green eye of his; Hoping for any clue of what he’s going to say. Wow his eyes, they remind me of grass on a warm summer's day. It's no wonder why he's such a good doctor, no matter what he tells you i bet you can take one look into those eyes and all the pain would just go away. But his hair doesn't really match his perfect eyes. It looks like he tried to make it match those dreamy eyes but had failed this morning. As if he was in a rush to get to work today.

Ok he looks like he’s ready to speak now. I look at him and he looks and me. Then he speaks “You do have skin cancer." Oh god the words that everyone on this planet dreads. I blank out my mind is racing. He is talking but the words are no longer making sense. My whole body feels numb, like it doesn't belong to me anymore. I look into his eyes but that s**t about the pain going away doesn't exist. I then step back into the real world. He is now saying "It’s in stage 4. This means that we can give you chemo and radiation to slow it down and give you more time. But you may have less than 5 years left. I’m so sorry. There are support groups and your friends and family. You can still live a happy life." Yeah right. Happy life? I have cancer you fool. Nothing is ever going to be normal now.  I think I’m going to be sick this can't be happening! Can it? My questions are put on hold. I pass out.....



© 2010 Chipgirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

371 Views
Added on August 31, 2010
Last Updated on August 31, 2010


Author

Chipgirl
Chipgirl

United Kingdom



About
Well lets c....I wanna Write! Also I love Grey's Anatomy and Friends (t.v) and reading! And finally I love vampires! more..

Writing
Robotic Love Robotic Love

A Story by Chipgirl


Mr Smile Mr Smile

A Poem by Chipgirl


Vampire Vs Wizard Vampire Vs Wizard

A Stage Play by Chipgirl