My New Shoes

My New Shoes

A Poem by Little Whisper

Do we hold on to the past
through the shoes 
we keep?

I've walked so far in 
These shoes...

Traveled many miles 
Down a treacherous road

Dragging my broken soul.

Hobbling back...
Always back to that place 
Deep in the thick of the trees

Where the book with 
No end
was found.

No cobbler 
can repair these shoes...

They've been worn...too long.

© 2021 Little Whisper


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am really enjoying your take on things, how you see the ordinary, day to day in such a creative way, your poetry leaves me amazed.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Some shoes do seem to gain a sentimental value, while others are just shoes! I still have an old pair of Italian shoes I bought in Sorrento 28 years ago! I seldom wear them, although they are still comfortable. I can't imagine getting rid of them. If a pair of shoes evoke certain memories, then obviously they become special to us. An interesting write!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Little Whisper

1 Year Ago

Thank You for your review...I listened to your song "As Blue as Blue" You are very talented...such.. read more
Robert Haigh

1 Year Ago

Thank you for taking the time to listen to one of my songs! Much appreciated!
My Father and his brother were Cobblers in their
Country of Hungary. Their Father was also a Cobbler
in Hungary. They came to America via The Statue of Liberty...
and were placed in adjoining Cities in West Virginia.
I was born in an Apartment on top of my Father's "Shoe Shop"
and delivered by a Mid-Wife. My Father's Mother from the Old Country
was there to Witness my entrance into the World on April 23, 1940.
Yes, they did "repair" Shoes back in the Day.. until they were completely worn
too much to ever Repair. My Legs now look like a "Speckled Bird" from aging...
The last "Leg" of our Life can be a Challenge when we try to Buy New Shoes.
truly, Pat

Posted 2 Years Ago


Little Whisper

2 Years Ago

Oh my gosh...I so appreciate your story, thank you so much ....
I wish I'd have thought of this brilliant idea! How I'd forgotten all the shoes I carried thru life with me, despite being horribly uncomfortable or whatever. We can't give up those damn shoes, can we? So symbolic! All the baggage! This is a brilliant write disguised as an everyday concern (((HUGS)))

Posted 2 Years Ago


Little Whisper

2 Years Ago

Thank you for your time and your hugs...
"Nothing lasts forever but the Earth and Sky" Kansas. Some shoes we wear a lifetime, worn out as they are because it's the devil we know as compared to the devil we don't. Sometimes a person comes along and they don't treat you with human kindness yet they call it love, but for some, it is a lesson that strengthens us into believing we are amazing in our own right regardless of who and what came before, a voice inside will tell us "no more" these shoes are too heavy too old too worn and some of us will bear these things outwardly like twitching or shuddering from swallowing it down for so many years. We will always carry it, wear it underneath, but we can CHOOSE to wear new shoes and keep walking.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 16, 2021
Last Updated on May 17, 2021

Author

Little Whisper
Little Whisper

DE



About
Poetry... reading and writing poetry has helped me through tragic times and accompanied me through happy times and normal, peaceful times. It's a wonderful way of release ...very therapeutic. I .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Spirited Spirited

A Poem by Chris Shaw