See me

See me

A Poem by LauraRenee

Facade.

That’s all anyone sees.

Does anyone know me?

Know who I am?

I’m fake.

I agree.

Idealistic is how I live

How I breathe.

I can change faces.

Personalities.

Lives.

No one will recognize that it’s not me.

They’ve never even known me.

Deepest thoughts.

Deepest desires.

Do they know?

No one knows.

Peel away the layers.

Take off my mask.

See me…

See me for who I am.

 

© 2011 LauraRenee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing! It's really deep and I think a lot of people can relate.

Posted 6 Years Ago


A lot of truth here is spoken about the way people lead their lives, staying in masks and not letting people know what their deepest true desires and intentions are.
a nice read! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


No one can see us for the mask isn't on our faces but our soul, heart and mind....Intimacy is what moves it away....we forever wish to be loved for what we are, but are scared for showing the deepest scar. A very deep thought expressed here.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Fabulous! We all know the Truth of day to day costumes and personalities that we wear. Somewhere in the depths, folks would like to be known for what they are. No matter how wretched or noble, each harbors an inner truth that seeks the surface of the deep sea of consciousness.

Still, it seems to me that the majority are lost to the visage they have painted over their lives. Many are doomed to act the part that others have scripted for them.

That one is aware of their secret self and longs to peel away the layers of the glass onion of self is beautiful in ways that I lack words for. As writers, we are poets, prophets and lunatics that dare to seek ourselves and thus experience the Universe without guile. Yes, we color outside the lines of society and devise new illusions based on intuitive truths. We lay bare our perceptions of experience and through that, we remove the veil of personality. It is through our Craft, that we explore and know, as well as being known.

Funny how the shortest, simplest sentiments, will elicit overlong responses from me. Perhaps it's that such work is potent in it's veracity.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A powerful poem. Your words are true. Few people are allowed in to see who we really are. I believe because of safety. Few people can we trust with our true feeling and emotions. Easy to be blackmails if we are a open book. Hard to take off the mask. I believe for real friends we may open up for. I like the ending. It is scary to allow people in to see the real you. Thank you for a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was amazing. People should see you for who you are. Great write and words spoken.
♥ Ta'Shandra

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very good poem, with a theme all too familiar.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 19, 2011
Last Updated on July 19, 2011

Author

LauraRenee
LauraRenee

TX



About
I'm just living life, hoping each day is better than the last. I'm new to writing and just would like some opinions on the quality. Yes, I know some are personal but I would still like some opinions.. more..

Writing
Yours Yours

A Poem by LauraRenee


Crumbling Crumbling

A Poem by LauraRenee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


REBOOT BINGE REBOOT BINGE

A Poem by M.Babu


At Home At Home

A Poem by Chelsea


FEEL IT FEEL IT

A Poem by M.Babu


Aikido Aikido

A Poem by Robin