Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Lauren Jade
"

A glimpse into the future...

"

He was in the apartment.


I plummeted to my knees, my legs incapable of supporting my body weight any longer. He was in the apartment and I had nowhere to run, no weapons, no hope. My heart dropped to my stomach, winding me as it went. I was home alone, kneeling in the living room completely imperilled. But I was immobile, unable to move a limb. I forced shut my eyes and tried to focus.


You have to move! The voice in my head shouted.


I opened my now heavy eyelids, petrified of what I’d see, but I was still alone. I never thought I would say this, but I wished I'd told Will that I would be home tonight; he was in Melbourne on business. Will would always insist on knowing where I was at all times, especially over the past couple of weeks. I’d always complain he was too overprotective, yet how foolish I was, now experiencing my last heart beats pound on my chest.


My phone had been ringing all night, but after answering it once and only hearing the man's breath, I refused to pick it up again. That's when I received the text message:

See you in a minute, Gorgeous xx


After reading it over and over again, calling his bluff, the elevator sounded its’ arriving ping. No one knew I was here, not even the maids. That's when I knew, he wasn’t bluffing at all; he was in the apartment.


I stared around the softly lit room I was in and mentally thanked God that I had kept all the lights on while sketching my latest art piece. I hunted for something to use as a weapon: a flat screen TV, a U-shaped white leather couch, a rock fireplace and a coffee table. It was hopeless; I was going to die.


I then looked to the archway on my right, leading to the kitchen, when the lights unexpectedly flicked off.


Move! Now! The voice yelled more urgently this time.


I placed my hands on the ground, my scarlet hair blanketing my face, and hastily began to crawl as soundlessly as possible. The blood now pulsed through my body once again, tolerating movement. I knew he would appear in the archway any second. I was aiming for the fireplace as it was undoubtedly my only hope of getting away, by hiding in the gap where the fireplace cleaning tools usually stood. Only a few more metres to go.


Faster!


I forced my numb knees into the cold hardwood floors, but not before my leg got snared. It took me less than a second to realise that my leg wasn't stuck.


It was a hand. His hand.



© 2013 Lauren Jade


Author's Note

Lauren Jade
Using Australian English :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have to say you have done a marvelous job of drawing your readers in. That is a skill many authors struggle with. There are so many questions about whats going on that makes me want to read the first chapter. Let me know when you post more. Good write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lauren Jade

11 Years Ago

Thankyou for your kind words, I worked really hard on it. It's only a second draft so I'll be editin.. read more



Reviews

This was very interesting, frightening and spooky at the same time. You made me want to read the rest of the chapters :):)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Awesome begiining and now I'm hooked! Please message me when you post the first chapter! I'll definitly review it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have to say you have done a marvelous job of drawing your readers in. That is a skill many authors struggle with. There are so many questions about whats going on that makes me want to read the first chapter. Let me know when you post more. Good write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lauren Jade

11 Years Ago

Thankyou for your kind words, I worked really hard on it. It's only a second draft so I'll be editin.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 3, 2013
Last Updated on January 5, 2013
Tags: hunt, thriller, adrenaline, stalker, scary, survival


Author

Lauren Jade
Lauren Jade

Australia



About
Australian.20.Writer.Ambitious.Travel.Dreamer. Hi I'm Lauren and I LOVE to write stories. I write about anything that pops into my head and usually stick to it and try to finish it as a 'book' size.. more..

Writing
Déjà vu Déjà vu

A Chapter by Lauren Jade


Confessions Confessions

A Chapter by Lauren Jade


Hunted Hunted

A Book by Lauren Jade