Redemption.

Redemption.

A Story by Laurenn Isabelle.
"

Being new in a pysch hospital wasn't the last of my troubles, I had parents that didn't want me & scars that would be bound to my body forever. But meeting the people here, has changed me, forever.

"

Main Character: Shauna White.

Character's: Scott Hudson, Mikayla Wright & Kaden Mcabe.

 

____

 

Chapter One.

What Hell Gave You.

 

My heart was racing, my breaths had turned to gasps, my legs ached and my entire life seemed to be crashing down around me. Tears filled my dark blue eyes, my body was damp with sweat and my clothes were wet from the snow. I tried to keep runnning, farther and faster than ever before. But I knew I wouldn't get far, I knew where they were taking me & I knew I didn't belong there.

"SHAUNA!" echoed behind me, my body crashed down to the cold floor. I screamed as arms wrapped around me. Thrashing into a tree as I sobbed harder. I looked up, the cold dark eyes were there. The eyes that'd grown so familiar to me. Face stinging, hands shaking & body trembling I didn't know what I did to deserve this. But I knew this was what Hell gave me.

Fearing what was next, I knew I shouldn't have ran into the woods."Don't you ever try to run again!" he shouted. I nodded, looking around seeing where I could find my way out of this Hell. My mom slinked up beside him, smirking and laughing at me. I didn't know why they had a kid if they were going to treat them so horribly.

Bringing a pistol to my throat, as my dad stood with merciless eyes. I trembled, the gun shot rang throughout the woods. It was all over, from that mere moment , everything was gone.

 

I shot up, my clothes wet from a cold sweat. As I looked at the clock sitting next to me, I sighed. Another nightmare, another five o'clock morning. I got up to take a hot shower and rid myself of every memory from that horrid dream. Rosewood Psych. Hospital was where I resigned. Where I was trapped and where I wouldn't be getting out of anytime soon.

Walking over the ice cold floors, I slipped into the unoccupied bathroom. Heating the water, and indulging in the warmth. The steam taking away all of the stress and making me feel like new.

 

Eight o'clock, my hair was straight, my clothes were carefully chosen and my make up was at perfection.

 

I wasn't pleased to be here, not at all. I wasn't happy that I was new here. Wasn't happy that today was my first full day, and now happy that I was going to be meeting people. My black tank top showed off all of my tattoos, white sweat pants making me look anorexically tiny and piercings present. I knew I wouldn't be able to wear them for a long time, but it was worth a try.

 

"Shauna, it's time to go to you're first meeting" a middle toned comforting voice echoed through the thick walls. I grabbed a pair of my Osiris shoes, slipping them on and placing the headphones from my ipod seccurely into my ears. Walking out the door, the nurse looked at me, eyes wide and face pale. Guessing she wasn't used to black hair, streaked with bright blue and platinum blonde streaks. Wasn't used to black make up, tattoos or piercings.

But when her face returned to the soft, caring expression and she said,"You'll fit in with Kaden alright." I immediately felt better, not even knowing who Kaden was but expecting that I'd have at least one friend..maybe.

 

We turned the hall, reaching our destination and walking into the silent room. There were ten chairs, in a circle. I snorted,"Am I back in kindergarten or something?" A boy with black hair and pale skin walked by, turning to give me a look of amusement I saw his face. He was gorgeous, tattoo's on his body, piercings here and there, eyes so dark they were almost black and a body so perfectly shaped, I felt like I was lovestruck.

"Shauna, that's Kaden" the nurse whispered in my ear. She winked at me, patting my shoulder before turning and promising she'd be back.

 

I sat on a chair, farthest from everyone else. Arms wrapped around my legs tightly. Kaden looked at me, a glimmer of want flashed in his eyes. He stood up and walked towards me, I trembled slightly, trying to control myself."You must be Shauna" he smiled, showing a perfect smile. I nodded, he sat at my side. Looking me up and down, the stopping at my wrists. I cringed, pulling them to my chest fast. As he frowned, showing his in remorse. I looked at him, still quiet as ever.

I gulped, pain gleaming in his eyes. I reached out to him hesitantly, but pulling back, scared of what would happen. He looked at me longingly and that was all it took for me to wrap my arms around him giving him a tight hug then recoiling back into my seat.

He smiled at me, sad eyes still present.
"K-Kaden right?" I asked. Trying to hide my face along with the rest of my million bruises and scars. I knew he'd notice sooner or later, so I looked at him, really looked at him. Showing my face, the black eye, the stitches on my cheek bone and the slight cut on my lower lip.

His face went from slight happiness, to total shock. He shook his head, lifting my bangs as I flinched from the pain. Leaning in to tell me something, I heard another voice stop him.

"I see you've met Shauna" an older man looked at Kaden. He nodded, I moved away abruptly, sitting quietly by myself when I saw another girl walk into the room. Her hair was bleach blonde, she was paper thin and utterly beautiful. I frowned, looking down at my lap, hiding my face. Not noticing the boy behind her.

I was on the opposite side of the room, away from everyone else. As I feared talking about everything in my life, feared talking at all. But knowing I was going to have to sooner or later..

"So Shauna, care to tell us a bit about yourself?" Dr. Harrison asked. I shook my head, sinking deeper into my chair. Afraid of what everyone would think after my real life began to show.

"Kaden, since you and Shauna seem to get along so well, why don't you begin? Maybe it will break the ice a bit" the doctor gave him a mellow look. I sighed, he began and I knew I was going to end up crying. Either way.

"Well, I came here, because I used to be big on drugs, usually you'd go to rehab or something right? Well, that wasn't the case. I was cutting and drinking so much alcohol my stomach was pumped at least once or twice every couple months. My mom just didn't know what to do, she'd yell at me, think that yelling was the way to get it through my head, but after I while I felt so bad I just wanted to die. I saw what I was doing to people, so I cut, a lot." He went quiet, then began with a stutter,"Before I knew it, I was here."
I cleared my throat, everyone looked at me. It wasn't a nice look either, Kaden's eyes were set on the ground, I thought Hell, they had to live here with me either way, might as well give them what they want.

"Ever since I can remember, I've been having a rough time with my parents. I mean, they literally hate me. To the point of where I'm so shocked I'm in here and not at the bottom of a lake somewhere." I took a deep breath,"I started getting into drugs, smoking cigarettes, cutting, overdosing, anything to take away the pain. Anything to make the hits hurt less. But after a while, it wasn't just hits. It was kicks, slamming me into walls, I've been thrown down the stairs a few times. It got so bad, they took me out of school so no one could see me. Then, my mom-" I choked up. Tears brimmed my eyes, air caught in my lungs and my face burned. 

I threw myself out of my chairs and ran as fast as I could out of the room and into the hallway. I wanted to get back to my room, as fast as I could. Not looking back, not paying any attention at all, I didn't even notice that Kaden was following me. 

"Shauna wait!" he shouted, almost out of breath as we reached my room. He pulled me back to face him, but I didn't care, didn't want to see him, didn't want him to look at me like this. Didn't want to be here at all. I turned around, enough force to where he smashed into the wall beside us, I slammed my door shut and threw myself onto the bed. I don't know why I felt so alone, so empty, so terrible. But I had to get over it, had to move on before I got too attached and hurt. 

I ended up knocking out after a while, so exhausted from everything..




© 2010 Laurenn Isabelle.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Aww, I thought the end was going to loop back to the beginning! Anyway, you're good at dialogue and emotion, but you' should introduce the characters as the story progresses. This story would still have made perfect sense without the character list.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Aww, I thought the end was going to loop back to the beginning! Anyway, you're good at dialogue and emotion, but you' should introduce the characters as the story progresses. This story would still have made perfect sense without the character list.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Added on October 1, 2010
Last Updated on October 4, 2010

Author

Laurenn Isabelle.
Laurenn Isabelle.

Farmington, NY



About
"You have forgotten who you are and so forgotten me. Look inside yourself. You are more than what you have become. You must take your place in the circle of life." - The Lion King. more..

Writing