She Doesn't Need it

She Doesn't Need it

A Poem by Laurierose
"

No crestfallen tragedy, I promise.

"

Don't mind her

She's a...she's a

A Heartbreaker

What?

She's a...Heartbreaker!

What's that?

 

Well:

She eyes them first.

She's gotta find the guy, first.

Then she'll pounce on the poor sap.

As if he stood no chance

He doesn't.

It's something in her eyes.

They are daggers dressed as diamonds.

Diamonds, you say?

Yes. Diamonds.

She's attractive but once close quite...

Disastrous.

Her trail is lengthy, too.

Who knows how many hearts she's

Pierced through?

Is that what 'H' is for?

Yes and no. 'H' was her former self.

She'd wear it proudly on her cape.

Now it adorns her, as if a bib.

Stained from remnants of her prey

Hm.

She's no hero! Can't you see?

She's as tragic as fallen;

It's she who needs rescuing

 

Mind her, I shall…

© 2019 Laurierose


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Its funny to think that from a distance these are the kind of women who you know you should stay away from, buuuuutt...in the end its not only their siren song that pulls men in, but men's own minds and reckless desires. It always seems fun for a hot minute. Great writing!!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laurierose

5 Years Ago

Interesting. You bring up a valid point; I like it. Thanks for the kind review.



Reviews

"She's as tragic as fallen;"
powerful. this line alone is so bold and can go so many ways.
women like this are rare but needed to humble some of the most macho of men.
equality in the food chain of love.
great write!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laurierose

4 Years Ago

This means so much to me! Thank you for the sincere review.
Interesting. You know, you're right, she's the one who needs the help but how many will break in her path of recovery? I say this because when I was in High School there was a bit of a 'scandal' where a guy (who was sort of my friend) that took a chance with her but then she broke his heart by attempting suicide. Now, this wasn't out of place in my school (though I was ticked she had to drag others into it) but we didn't find it out-of-place until she got another boyfriend and did the same thing, over and over, and over. It was clear she needed to get her s**t figured out but no one would get close to her because of what she was doing and the one's who took a chance on her got broken and weren't the same again. My sort-of-friend for example changed a bit after that. He became 'the player' stereotype where he would date a girl for a month or so then move on. I think he feared getting close enough to another person and get hurt or toyed with like he was before but the didn't excuse what he was doing. I befriended one of his exes actually when our sort-of-friendship fell apart and well... she ended up okay but it caused a cycle for many of the heartbroken. They need help but who will embrace getting burned for someone's whose 'love' is toxic? Just a thought.

I really just ignore 'labels' and stereotypes and try to see people as they are and who they are acting as and I think you nailed that perfectly. Well done.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laurierose

5 Years Ago

Lavi; I always forward to reading your thorough reviews. Your story was interesting because when I w.. read more
Lavi

5 Years Ago

Hmm, interesting. Everyone receives a different perspective when reading your writes, huh? It's inte.. read more
Laurierose

5 Years Ago

It's just the opposite actually (lol!). I enjoy the review, so no worries. You have quite a point wi.. read more
Heartbreakers, that pull you in and eat you up! Particularly if you're a man. That to hard to resist. Even knowing in your heart of hearts you should. You can not. As you love the chase and the thrill. So men fall for the heartbreaker.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laurierose

5 Years Ago

Exactly :) Thank you for the sincere review, my friend!
Onlyme

5 Years Ago

your welcome
Colorful:) I shall stay away from that kind idc what she looks like. Not every _____ can lure a beast!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laurierose

5 Years Ago

Well, I do love a vivid picture! This woman is one shaped solely on perception. Many may see her as .. read more
0000000000000000000000000000

5 Years Ago

She must be a long hair blonde dressed in red lol! Your very welcome my friend:)
I especially like the last two lines that are the heart of your write.
"She's as tragic as fallen;
It's she who needs rescuing"

I felt one thing at the beginning of this and by the end feel I had much more understanding and see your ending statement one of compassion. I realize our words have different meaning to some than what we may have felt when writing them.

That is what good poetry is. It speaks to each person.

I very much liked this write. Well done.


Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laurierose

5 Years Ago

This review made my day! Thank you. I agree with this. I enjoy reading everyone's interpretation of .. read more
Effie

5 Years Ago

You're welcome!
Ah, Dear Laurie!
Through every word and line speaks the voice of a woman once tender and pliant, whose open, tender heart was damaged and torn, who learned to pay back with callous coldness and indifference of her own.
Makes a man want to swath her in caring warmth until her kind, gentle heart is restored.
No beautiful flower deserves to go unnourished and starved in this way, even a splendid wildflower such as You. ; )
It takes a certain kind of man to embrace, accept, and treat this kind of mistreated good woman, because it's so hard for her to believe in anyone or anything anymore … must-less to give herself to the sweet ideal of tender love and affection.
I can almost hear you giggling at my take on this piece, but in my defense, I never was any good at interpretation.
Whatever, your skills at expressing imagery and emotional allure are second to none, and the impact of your metaphors speak in powerfully poetic voice.

Excellent free versing, Laurie, I love it all the way … hugs to you! ⁓ Richard : )

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laurierose

5 Years Ago

Oh my! I found myself giggling at this and shaking my head. You've definitely told me the story of m.. read more
Richard🖌

5 Years Ago

Always and ever, it's a joyful pleasure, Laurie.
There are other words for women like this.i prefer not to use them.this is a sad woman to me.she wants you to pay attention to what you see on the outside and avoid thinking about her pain on the inside.Interesting story

Posted 5 Years Ago


Laurierose

5 Years Ago

Interesting review. Thanks.
Hunters come in any sex... prey - even another "hunter" - is seldom aware, just taken.

"Don't mind her" - as in a chameleon, blending into a scene? But she doesn't DO scenes - she IS the seen. Some would look or listen and say "Dangerous"...

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laurierose

5 Years Ago

Chameleon? I like this...I haven't thought of such a comparison before. I love to hear everyone's pe.. read more
Come into my lair said the spider to the fly.
You just know that fly went in.
Love the flow of your piece.
The gentle sex he thought. Won't think that again.


Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laurierose

5 Years Ago

Ahh, interesting, she thought. I love the approach you took here. Thank you for the kind review.
wow,,be on the look out, i liked it

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laurierose

5 Years Ago

She could be anywhere... Thanks for the kind review :-)
 wordman

5 Years Ago

my pleasure

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1277 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 16, 2018
Last Updated on May 31, 2019

Author

Laurierose
Laurierose

Durham, NC



About
Poet at heart. Romantic by nature. Nature the style. Styled by experiences. Experience this world that is my mind... If interested, check out my book in stores: https://www.amazon.com/Wonderful-.. more..

Writing
Captured Captured

A Poem by Laurierose



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..