Sand Castle

Sand Castle

A Poem by LawrenceRaybon
"

An existential poem

"

© 2014 LawrenceRaybon


Author's Note

LawrenceRaybon
What do you think? How can I make it better?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem expresses an existential ache, and I really enjoy that! I think it's fine as it is, really. It's short and sweet, and leaves that same taste as the whole, 'if a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?'
Anyways, good writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It left a very deep gash in me when I read it.
The way I interpreted is that, no matter what we do, what we make, earn or create... It will get washed away just like how the tide washes away the castle. No matter how tall we make it, how beautiful we make it. One day it will get washed away no matter what.

I thoroughluy enjoyed this poem and it brings a new meaning to me every time I read it again. Thank you.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is a spectacular little poem. Says what it needs to say with a poignant image and finishes quickly to let the impact of the concept linger in the reader's mind. If there was anything I would do to improve this poem or this kind of poetry it would be to eliminate beginning each line with a capital. Most modern poetry now uses small case to begin subsequent lines. Of course, capitals will emphasize each line with equal importance, if that is what is needed.

A very well done poem with a great message and concept that leaves the reader pondering this existential thought.

In fact, this poem was so good, that it was selected for publication in NavWorks Press' volume, Sometimes Anyway. See my Writer's Café blog for more details: http://www.writerscafe.org/navworks/blogs/Release-of-Two-New-Books/126161/

Posted 7 Years Ago


I think that this is a magnificent poem with an existential message. You made a memory, and that’s real if it makes you happy. I was inspired to write a gift poem for you in my own style which you may keep as your own: It has seven syllable meter followed by six syllable meter to make it sing: Your poem reminds me of vacation time that I’ve spent on the Gulf Coast. It’s a great place down there to visit when it’s Winter up here.

Ebb Tide

Though ebb tides may wash to sea
my castles made of sand,
they live on in memory
as Dreams-from-Dixieland.

Was it just a fantasy
those turrets tall and grand
on shores-to-infinity
that I had made from sand?


Posted 9 Years Ago


Nicely written poem, I liked the flow and ray them of your writing. Actually read it back several times as it flowed so nice.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A thought provoking poem..Very deep indeed!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Now this one has some meat ! Simple and wistful , Nice Work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This poem expresses an existential ache, and I really enjoy that! I think it's fine as it is, really. It's short and sweet, and leaves that same taste as the whole, 'if a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?'
Anyways, good writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think it's pretty awesome how it is now, but that's just me, haha.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

483 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 24, 2014
Last Updated on May 2, 2014

Author

LawrenceRaybon
LawrenceRaybon

Jackson, MS



About
Hi! I'm an avid reader who loves to write. I also love helping others who are serious about improving their writing! My critiques are in-depth and honest, no ego stroking and I expect the same wh.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Crush'd Crush'd

A Poem by Frieda P