Snow Angel

Snow Angel

A Poem by B
"

Here in Minnesota winter is starting to set in as well as season depression for many. This piece is about winter love, an attempt to brighten some spirits during this time of year.

"
The air in still, frozen like the ground,
 as snowflakes slowly make their way earth-bound.
 and as the temperature drops,
you look at me through the gap between where your hat stops 
just above your brow line, 
and where the scarf around your neck tucks your chin and nose into its warm embrace. 
In this moment, I wonder how Summer's hot sunny days could ever compare to the fire you spark in my heart every time you look at me. 
I wonder what wish could land itself on my Christmas list, that would ever be worth more than knowing you're mine.

Though your face is covered in layers of fabric, I'd know your mischievous grin through a blizzard. 
Before I know what's happening, a cold blast spreads across my face,
 my dear you don't know the war you've just begun.
We retreat to separate ends of the field, both making snowballs as fast as we can. 
I'll take a late night spent playing with you in the snow any day over an afternoon at the beach getting a tan.
I hope we never lose this, feeling free to let out our inner child together, 
I can nearly forget about the seasonal depression, if it means I get to see you smile, I'd stay here forever.
Your giggles and squeals echo through the atmosphere like the wind paused just to give my ears the gift of your voice.
If it were between losing the sun or losing your laughter, there wouldn't even be a choice.
We collapse after an honorable battle, to which of course you won.
You casually spread your arms, making an angel in the snow.
Not even realizing 
that this angel is nothing compared to the heaven sent beauty of your own.

Sure, warm weather is nice and there's something beautiful to be found in every season.
But as I lay here watching your eyelashes collecting the soft flakes from the sky,
I can say without doubt, for every rhyme and reason,
You, my love, 
are my favorite season. 

© 2020 B


Author's Note

B
Constructive criticism welcomed! I'm here write, but I'm also here to learn

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
Added on December 3, 2020
Last Updated on December 3, 2020

Author

B
B

MN



About
I don’t cope with life very well. Enjoy my ramblings :) more..

Writing
Honey Honey

A Poem by B


In her dreams In her dreams

A Poem by B