Aria

Aria

A Story by Brielle

March 21, 2056 12:20

 

     "This is my room." Vivian May Aubrey walks into her light pink room. She sits on her quilted blanket and pats the spot next to her, "Come sit. I have a lot to tell you. Mommy and Daddy have been talking about sending me over to Aunt Finn for the weekend."

 

     The girl in the black stockings glides over and sits beside Vivian. She smiles a warm, welcoming smile and nods for her to go on.

 

     "I love Aunt Finn, she's nice. But then I'd have to leave Mommy and Daddy for two whole days! I wouldn't see you either." she explains, heaving a sigh, "So complicated, Rori."

 

     Rori nods, her dark brown curls bobbing with her head. She stretches her arms out and leans back.

 

     "Maybe one day my mommy and daddy won't force me to do anything. When I'm a big girl, I'm going to live my own life." Vivian looks over at her door. Both parents stand in the doorway, frighten looks on their faces.

 

     "Baby, who are you talking to?" her father asks, looking around the room.

"We've been through this! I'm talking to Rori." Vivian stands up with a huff and puts her

tiny hands on her hips.

 

     "Viv, your alone." her mother bends down to the six-year-olds level.

 

     "Mommy! I'm not alone! I have Rori. And your making her mad." she gestures over to the girl. Rori stands up and fiddles with her baby pink skirt. Her pale cheeks burn with embarrassment. Why is Vivian the only one who can see her?

 

     "It's time." her mother whispers to her father. "Call them."

 

 

April 1, 2056    11:34

 

 

     "Where are we going?" Vivian asks, hopping in the back of the car. Her parents wave good bye to the baby-sitter who's taking care of little Summer and even littler Denny. Delmon Aubrey dips into the drivers seat and starts the engine.

 

      "We're afraid that you may be a little sick, baby." he buckles his seat belt.

 

     Grace Aubrey goes into the passenger seat and closes her door. "You mean like a cold? I'm fine!" Vivian giggles.

 

     "We just want to make sure." Grace, her mother, says. Vivian doesn't know why they're always so worried about the little six years old. Ever since she was- what was it? Three? -she's seen someone. She calls her of the name Rori.

 

     At first she was just a imaginary friend. A friend who she would talk to when she was alone, she would tell them what Rori looked like. But then it got out of control. Vivian would get mad at anyone who would ignore her imaginary friend. When her parents told her to stop pretending, she was offended that they didn't see her.

 

     And now it was bad. She was officially gone out of control. That's why they had to do this.

 

 

April 20, 2056  4:58

 

 

     Vivian's screams filled the room. She lay chained down to a small metal table. Her arms and ankles stuck to the cold surface. Her parents waited out in another room, crying over they're daughter.

 

     Two doctors held her mid section down. One was watching a machine that connected to her brain. The other one, the devil for all she knew, held two metal bars. He pressed them together and then stuck them to opposite sides of her head on her forehead.She let out a scream as the electric shock shot through her brain.

 

     "Check?" the devil said.

 

     "Five point three two. Waves average. Same point that's always stays the same." one said.

 

     "Going again." he presses the metal bars together.

 

 

April 21, 2056      8:30

 

 

     She sat in her room. The cold white floor shimmered as a drop of water dripped from the ceiling onto the tile. Her hands pressed against the surface and she inhaled the deep sent of chemicals. Thick bandages rapped around her head, covering her eyes. Even without sight, she could tells she was there.

 

     "Why's this happening?" Vivian asks.

 

     Rori moves closer, she can feel her against her arm.

 

     "I didn't do anything wrong. Just because I see something different, I'm still okay."

 

     She hears the clang of a doctor or nurse outside of her room waking, "She's still seeing it."

 

     The door slams shut and the lights flicker out.

 

     From that day Vivian May Aubrey has been titled 'different'. But she is not alone. There are others like her, but she just hasn't found him yet

© 2013 Brielle


Author's Note

Brielle
So, I'm new to writing but am just trying this out. Looking forward to the reviews!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on February 6, 2013
Last Updated on February 6, 2013
Tags: magic, love, crazy, sorrow, wizard, special, hate, Aria, world, war, III, three, 3

Author

Brielle
Brielle

Canada



About
Hi! The names Brielle (Pen name only)! I love writing and have been writing on Wattpad for a while, but was looking at my friends profile page and saw this. I thought 'why not see?'. And I made an acc.. more..