Girl from the solar field

Girl from the solar field

A Story by Léa Ree

As I walked past a field of wheat, there was a girl seated in the middle playing with some colored glasslike stones, her eyes drew me to her. She had formed figures from the stones, a dog, a cat and she had almost finished the shape of the sun. I stopped. The wheat, shaped like pedals of a flower, in which she sat, the wheat tickled the Childs cheek. The sun's rays fell on her hair, she lifted her head. She looked at me with earnest eyes open. Her big eyes full with the innocence and interest of the whole world only a child can see.
What are you doing here? - She asked.
Going home. An you? I replied.
Recently I arrived in a spaceship, and now I create from it a new world in which to live.
I smiled at the child's fantasy.
Created from the ship, stated the Girl. At the hem of her white flowered dress rattling a handful of other pebbles.
Yes? I replied, with trust and faith in the Girl, I knelt down.
The sun again began to play in the Girls hair. That would be wonderful I thought!
Of course, cool - confidently said the girl, lowering her eyes to the pebbles and continuing to play. Few people know how to create a new world from what they have.
Still, from the lips of children are often born philosophical thought.
I suddenly felt ashamed. I had just given serious thought to what this little dreamer has said. I have always been a realist, some say of me a pessimist. I have no time for this whimsy. If it had not been for reality I would have left this place long ago, and see no more wheat fields. I had always wanted to be a photographer, but here there is no need for such a beautiful endeavor. What this place needs is equipment upkeep and repair. Maybe from things in the garage I could build a camera. I grinned.
What's so funny? The Girl asked.
She looked at me, and caught the sadness of the orphaned dream. She held out her hand the glasslike stones collected rays of the sun, She took a stone, yellow-red in color. Rolled it into the palm of my hand and gave it to me.
Take it. The Girl said.
Why? I replied.
I'm an alien the Girl stated, and I wish the people good. My ship is magical, transformed into whatever you want. I'd like to share with earthling. The stone will revive you every desire.
I looked at the smooth stone in my hand and touching the little angel's head. She had given so much to me. Her sincere desire to help and love with a particle in an ordinary stone, she took the time to transfer enlightenment and an inspirational energy and spiritual philosophy into. I remembered the useless photos I hade made in my youth, and they no longer seemed to me pointless. I got up from my kneeling position with a passion to fulfill a dream. I still had no idea how, but the stone in my hand gave confidence in this dream, that they are limitless. As a child, who creates a world from almost nothing.
Thank you, I said to the girl, but she had already lost interest in me, working to create a new shape.
The sun was setting. I was walking throught the wheat field, and placed in my pocket the glass magic pebble. Now I can! and because of the alien child's love it will note lose it's power.

© 2012 Léa Ree


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on September 5, 2012
Last Updated on September 5, 2012
Tags: girl, mysticism, fantasy, novella

Author