Your Dreams-Doubts=Your FUTURE

Your Dreams-Doubts=Your FUTURE

A Poem by Legacy

Take a moment and look around,

Appreciate, what life has to offer.
Take a deep breath and relax,
Be thankful for the things you have.
 
Welcome the challenges of today,
ACcept them with open arms.
Look for opportunities in every situation,
Then be surprised, how things turn around.
 
Life is a series of challenges,
It's up to you to see them through.
A Challenge that is big enough,
Will reveal your strengths and abilities within you.
 
Creativity and innovation are essential,
For one to really succeed.
Your thoughts can consume you,
Or they can open pathways and set you free.
 
Success is a journey,
One, many fear to make.
Look inside yourself and ask,
How much am I willing to take.
 
Your dreams have carried you this far,
Hold on a little bit longer.
Your dream is only the final reward,
There are many more along the way.
 
Be prepared to ask yourself,
When you set forth one more day.
For things I want tomorrow,
HOW SHOULD I PLAN TODAY?
 
© 2007 Legacy

© 2008 Legacy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Words like this always remind a searching spirit .. maybe we've heard or read them before, but a gentle nudge just help us fly a little higher.

Think the upper case is a little heavy for such gentle words but other than that this is both a fine piece of writing and an inspiring one.

Posted 12 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Some excellent observations, and insights. Some obvious, but just need absorbed. I want to read some more of your work. Good write. Rain..

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i really really love that poem,very touching.keep it up sweetheart

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A beautiful piece of poetry that sends a clear and ringing message to the reader; how short term goals are just as rewarding as those that you're seeking to achieve, and staying on the path to said goals makes each day worth something and the 'tomorrow' worth waiting for. I esspecially love how the end wraps up masterfully with the begginning, it gives the poem it's final kick of reason that places the reader through a small phase of speculation. How should I plan today for a brighter tomorrow? Again a beautifully worded poem. Keep writing, I look foward to reading your other works.

This poem now gives me a reason to continue to write, as my goal to become a published author still looms high above my reach, I will not doubt do everything in my power to obtain that goal, taking it one day at a time. For now, finishing my last year in high school and getting into a good college seems like a good start. Wish me luck as I do for you on your path to success.

Continue to write and inspire those that read your works to fulfill their dreams as you have in me.

-LynnTashio

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A fine piece of poetic prose carrying a clear message. Small plans usually get carried out it is he grandiose dreams that fate decides to play with.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this!! I have been having manic difficulties, because of being a senior, and everyone asking "Where are you going to college???!!!" And I really don't know. The more I think about leaving my childhood chapter behind, the more I just want to go to bed and never wake up, because my lifelong dreams become stupid sounding, and not that important. I keep almost running away, but then remembering it would not really solve anything. Needless to say, your poem means a lot to me, and is a strong reminder that I should keep on going. : )

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very inspiring poem. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really love that way you speak in growing, and moving forward to make a difference or to find a solution!
that is so important to many who don't even know how to begin this journey.. Take care~~~

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


9
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3104 Views
87 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on February 21, 2008

Author

Legacy
Legacy

About
Information to come more..

Writing
Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ill be fine Ill be fine

A Poem by sugar


It's You It's You

A Poem by Tasha


3 a.m. 3 a.m.

A Poem by sugar


A View on Life A View on Life

A Poem by Thea