hetomóohe (vai)

hetomóohe (vai)

A Poem by Legacy
"

Nothing seems to heal, divert, or express emotions more than the right words. Then I began to write�

"

 

Family is the root, which we all grow from, the place of all nourishment, and helps us through our travels - remaining close by.
 
All we can hold on to is who we are as individuals. To knowledge neither good nor bad that we have collected along the way. This is what sets us apart…
 
My abilities to channel my fear and pain are becoming stronger and more focused with each passing day, yet at the same time; her penetrating voice is growing even stronger and at times louder... invading my mind like troops dropping over enemy territory.
 
I have only but my dreams to hold onto. I strive to achieve them with honesty and perseverance - I will never give up… I will never let go. I have come to terms there is no such thing as an ‘easy way’.
 
Love is life's greatest gift of all… yet how does one hold on to sharing and caring when Love gives no meaning to life?
 
Yes, we are all unique and special. However, it is up to each of us - how we use what we have experienced and gained. Have the strength to see things differently, yet clearly. We must learn when to listen to our minds and when to listen to our hearts, if we truly are to become stronger than our teachers!
 
 © 2007 Legacy
 

© 2008 Legacy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review


Naturally, no human being knows everything about everything.

There is no doubt in me, however, that one was meant to have certain _teachers_ . I meant of the kind of substance, though, that the student stayed the student, until the natural unfolding of circumstances, brought those direct human to human teaching times to an end ___ Heaven.

That is not to imply, that I think, the student was to put true ADULTHOOD on hold. I am by no means referring to that in a legalistic sense.

It really is not about a one-up game nor general MIND GAMES.

August 31, 2007

Ms. Belsito

Canada

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

in a way this reminds me of 'desiderata' (hope i spelled that properly) [am i aging myself with that reference-grin] i love the line - like troops dropping over enemy territory - great imagery. isnt that the goal of each generation- to see the one following stronger in whatever ways are important to us...i truly enjoyed this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I too find some of these reviews unjustly critical. Whatever you write from your heart, and soul can never be wrong; as for the head, well that's another animal all it's own! Take care~~~

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Are you so sure, then, that love is life's greatest gift when it's a meaningless job?

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kind of gets you thinking are we greater than our ancestors that taught us and helped us evolve for the best of family and mankind.
Great poem

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I find some of these reviews extremely and, I feel, unjustly critical.

"Family is the root, which we all grow from"

In truth and in fact, family matters most in any child's development. We are either cherished, loved, encouraged and fed by devoted mothers, fathers, and siblings, or we are despised, neglected and mistreated by uncaring and cruel parents and siblings. All to often it is the latter. Our bodies, spirit, mind, and future are shaped and molded by our interactions with family.

Love is life's greatest gift and I pray that you have found or will soon find the kind of gentle, comforting, lasting love that you've missed out on for so long.

Pay no attention to some folks ranting and raving. Keep writing. It's good for the soul.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ok, after receiving a friend request from you, I decided to check out your work. This is what I've found , your work is ....unconventional in style though inspired. Jesus and God are obviously huge motivators in your writing. I do think that you do need to reclassify your work. Even as free verse this , or any other piece that I've read, cannot technically be classified as a poem. Prose , yes but by the outlining guides and rules for poetry are nonexistent in your work and that rubbed me the wrong way. The work is not bad in any way , it's just in the wrong category. However, I've decided to add you anyway because quite frankly, I need a little inspiration right now in ways you can't imagine.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you should write a book of daily affirmations of inspiration...very nice work

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A beautiful though somewhat idealistic piece. Is love the greatest gift of all? Sure, until you loose it. Is everyone unique and special? Of course not. If everyone were unique and special than the whole concept of uniqueness and specialty would be nonexistent. The definition is based on comparison. For an individual to be unique there must be millions of humans that are just carbon copies that, at best, have little more than minor physical and psychological differences.

Very powerful writing, though, with a nice clean layout.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Well done! You're obviously a romantic thinker with a fascination with the female species! Welcome to our sweet and sour world! Sonib

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

AN INSPIRING POEM

"Family is the root"
The root of nothing, just a social way to organize the survival of the human species and the taking care of tHe young. There is nothing natural in the family, except sex, impegnating, pregnancy, delivery, and all that does not lead to any thing like a family. The family is an entirely artificial social-man-made institution to take care of the social raising and educating of the young, the survival of the species. Other systems could be invented like Kibbutzim.

"who we are as individuals"
We are nothing because to be anything we have to state permanence. Everything is impermanent (anicca, says Buddha). If we are anything, we are a human animal without any permanence and only a few common points with other human animals: mammal for one, omnivorous for two, and what else? What we are as individual is a pure mental construction in our own minds (an illusion says Buddha) and in the minds of others (a delusion would Buddha say)

"like troops dropping over enemy territory"
Troops are a crime against God, any divine being and against humanity itself since the only objective of troops is to shorten and reduce the surviving capability of others declared enemies. I do not have any enemy even if I disagree with some people. But disagreement is necessary and sane and healthy. Enmity is sick and unhealthy and insane, unnatural in one word. A lion who kills an antelope does not consider the antelope as an enemy but as the necessary prey for its survival and the lion will not kill the antelope for any other reason but to feed itself. Troops imply that we are killing for reasons that have nothing to do with feeding ourselves. We do not eat our "enemies", do we?

"I have only but my dreams to hold onto.... There is no such thing as an 'easy way'
That is so true. But that means we are living for dreams, to realize dreams, motivated by dreams, moved by dreams. But dreams are not real, are purely virtual constructions in our own minds. There is no future to dreams. History is not controled, nor made, nor produced by human beings. History is a natural phenomenon that governs the evolution of the ever-changing universe and the rules it follows come from the structure of material reality. Our dreams are not part of the material reality of the world but only a distorted reflection of it. If at times our dreams correspond to the general changing trend of the universe then we seem to be realizing our dreams. Wrong. What happens is what has to happen and if one of our "dreams" has to happen it is not because it is our dream or we did anything to do it, it is just because the universe in its own dynamism produced that outcome, result. I stick to my dreams too, but only provided they correspond to what the universe enables me to be, become, do. I can dream of living underwater like a fish as much as I want or be an opera prima dona. That will not be because I will never be able to breathe like a fish and my body heat would be deadly for me to stay in the water more than a certain length of time.

"Love is life's greatest gift of all�"
Love is a construct of huma minds, just like hatred. It is not a gift. We invented it. And don't tell me about dogs! Dogs are not natural animals and they happen for some of them to revert to their animal nature from time to time and then hey kill human beings, including those they know, without any pangs of conscience. Love is the only human invention as soon as the human species became social, that is to say from the very start because it had to be social to survive. Unluckily hatred came along at the same time, just like the night cannot be conceived without the day, even if we try to conceive the two in-between phases of dawn and dusk as being autonomous.

"We must learn when to listen to our minds and when to listen to our hearts, if we truly are to become stronger than our teachers!"
The mind and the heart are the same thing for Buddha and what we westerners call the heart, the seat of passions, is absurd for Buddha who aims at not being attached (tanha he says) to any feeling, person, thing or objective at all, even that of escaping the cycle of birth-decay-death-rebirth in nirvana through meditation. And what a strange conception of teaching or learning, to become stronger than our teacher!!! Better maybe, with more love and less hatred, maybe, understanding more things including things that the teacher could not even know or conceive, maybe, but stronger? It sounds like two teenagers measuring their pricks. Fake competition. I can shoot farther than you. We have to "fight" with our students to make them understand that they don't compete with us, teachers, nor with one another in the class, not even with themselves but with the universe and the knowledge they may have of it, knowing that they will never be stronger than the universe, and if they were that would mean they would destroy the universe and the whole humanity along with it. They have to respect the universe enough for it to go on existing and not produce one more cosmic tsunami like the big bang.

Dr Jacques COULARDEAU

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1996 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on February 23, 2008

Author

Legacy
Legacy

About
Information to come more..

Writing
Dark Secrets Dark Secrets

A Poem by Legacy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5