Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
3: Two Souls, One Life

3: Two Souls, One Life

A Chapter by Legend Dog Fang

Bob opened his eyes and yet again saw white... He was in the hospital. He looked to his right and saws the Vet. The Vet held Legend in his arms. Legend's tail wagged back and forth like a the beat of a humming bird's  wings.
The Vet smiled at Bob and chuckled. The Dunker quickly jumped out of his arms and onto Bob.  Bob quickly sat up and began to ruff up Legend. 
"You two weren't meant to die yet." Spoke the Vet. "We tried to put him down. He just fell asleep and woke up three days after. It was like he was fighting death just to see you again...But he still does have really bad arthritis."
Bob smiled and looked at the Vet. "I won't die unless he dies... And he won't die until I die. He is the life source that keeps me living and he knows it." He responded.
The Vet crossed his arms and nodded. "Call me crazy, but I think you're right." He agreed with the man.
The Vet stayed with with Bob and Legend through the whole two weeks. After those to weeks Bob was released from the hospital. The Vet helped Bob out. He helped  Bob by pushing the wheelchair, getting him into the car, and driving him back home.
A now slow moving Bob made his way out of the car and used his cane to keep himself up. Legend followed at his side.
Bob worked his way into his house with Legend. First thing Bob did was go into his kitchen to place his blood thinners into his in a safe place. After so, he worked his way to the living room couch and sat in front of his small Television. He picked up the remote and pushed the power button. The T.V. turned on and his favorite movie was on... "Where The Red Fern Grows".
As fast as lightning Legend came rushing into the living-room and onto Bob's lap. Bob wrapped his arms around his dog and began to talk to him. Soon Legend began to bark. Bob just laughed as he ruffed up the dog's face with his hands. "Oh, I know what you want." Said Bob. "You want some food, huh?"
The old Dunker slowly climbed off his owner and made off towards the kitchen. Slowly Bob got up with his cane and followed. Legend barked and barked, but he wasn't next to his food bowl or his water bowl... He was scratching at where his owner had placed his blood thinners. At first Bob didn't understand. but he did when he looked at the time on his kitchen clock. 
Legend stopped and looked at his owner. He sat and barked once. Bob chuckled as he went to the cabinet. He praised Legend, and then took his meds from the cabinet... The ones he almost forgot to take.
Legend's tail wagged as he watched his owner. Bob had then fed and watered his dog.


© 2011 Legend Dog Fang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on October 27, 2011
Last Updated on October 27, 2011